• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best source for back and side window gaskets?

math1960

I definitely need the back window rubber gasket replaced. The side windows look to be in good shape, but there's a slight leak in both windows. Is there any kind of sealer for a slight leak? Autozone has window gaskets but they seem kinda thin.
Where do ya'll get your parts? Thanks.

firecontrol86

I got my window seals and tailgate seal from classicparts.com and they worked out great. Still need the vent window seals though. Prob go through them again, pretty reasonable prices and they deliver pretty quick too. My 2cents

camerodad

I bought a new drivers side window, and alot of the window seals from LMC Truck, in
Olathe, KS. Parts were reasonable, comparing prices to alot of Internet Sites. I have a 86 M1008, and I use 85 Chevrolet K30 as a generic Description when i buy parts.

Camarodad:):grd:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LMC is the place for parts, however they do not have the vent rubber. Also, their windshield rubber is too big, so I located a new OEM gasket through my local GM parts department.

Door Rubber

LMC is the place for parts, however they do not have the vent rubber. Also, their windshield rubber is too big, so I located a new OEM gasket through my local GM parts department.

Im With Share cropper i went to my local Gm Dealership and bought right off the shelf window channel rubber i paid $80 for both sides but it was original gm parts im more inclined to do that again as i have 2 more trucks im workin on and beleive it or not alot of things are still avilable u just have to do some research im all about helping but i cant give out all my secrets lol its not as hard as u might think GM had quite a few years for interchange u would be surprised to see years that are interchangeable to the older chevys

Last edited: