• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best thing I have ever Heard!

jdeoliveira74

So my pseudo wife" baby momma" said that she likes my m1009 so much that when her blue oval dies that what she wants! The only condition was it couldnt be od or camo.. I will Probably have to paint it grey or blue if I know her like I do. But I was super happy with that conversation. Cause most of the time she is saying how I spend way to much time under the hood of my m1009

Just wanted to share

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Strata blue, with USAF lettering would be inaccurate but super cool.

unaffiliated

My "Spousal Equivalent" absolutely hates my CUCV. Says it's the ugliest truck she has ever seen. Doesn't bother me none. I love my truck. Consider yourself lucky that your "Baby Momma" likes your truck.

ABN173

My wife Pam did not really care for my M1008 either, that is until they had like a foot of snow and my truck is the only thing she can drive through it with. Now she says its great and she is is not going to be driving anything else until the snow melts! Oh should mention I am deployed too, she was also without power for three days as well.

-Dale

SPCWarning

The first time I talked my bride into a ride in my CUCV she said she wanted one and even drove mine a little bit, then she said she wanted a pink camo one...........she still doen't have a CUCV. I told her how inappropriated it would be to paint an MV pink. She hasn't mentioned wanting one since. She also likes mine a lot less now that I've been working on it. Says it takes up too much of my time just like the old hot rod I used to have. Oh well, I'm with Unaffiliated on this, I love my CUCV, and the more I work on it the more I know about it.

If she wanted a grey or blue one I'd consider it and make it look as Military as possible. That would be ok.

Jimmy

dilligaf13

Rattle can tan. I love it on my Deuce and it is a lot cooler than black in the summer and doesn't show dirt or body imperfections. I actually used a Krylon khaki that's a little darker than tan and think it looks sharp. 2cents

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first time I talked my bride into a ride in my CUCV she said she wanted one and even drove mine a little bit, then she said she wanted a pink camo one...........she still doen't have a CUCV. I told her how inappropriated it would be to paint an MV pink. She hasn't mentioned wanting one since. She also likes mine a lot less now that I've been working on it. Says it takes up too much of my time just like the old hot rod I used to have. Oh well, I'm with Unaffiliated on this, I love my CUCV, and the more I work on it the more I know about it.

If she wanted a grey or blue one I'd consider it and make it look as Military as possible. That would be ok.

Jimmy
Jimmy,

No offense brother, but this sounds EXACTLY like what harley riders told their old ladies the first time THEY SAID they wanted a PINK HARLEY. And I KNOW this IS exactly what men told women SHOOTERS when they said they wanted a pink weapon.

Having said that, my wife has a set of pink camo capri pants and a pink camo top that she looks GREAT in. So don't go too hard on the wife about a PINK CUCV.

She might actually set a trend.

and before the rest of you he men step up and bash this idea, how many of you would like it if YOUR WIFE really got involved in our hobby? and if it took you 'allowing' pink camo, WHAT DO YOU CARE? Really?

and I vote for desert tan, if for no other reason that if she changes her mind, it's easier to go UP from tan than DOWN from blue/black... just a thought...

View attachment 303034

no pink camo yet, just pink flowers on the shirt - 2009 RM airshow Denver

View attachment 303035

can't see them but she was wearing green capri pants - our MVCC club shirt - 2010 RM airshow - Denver

she HATES that last picture, ONLY because she's lost about forty lbs since it was taken and she does NOT look like that any more - she's a LOT THINNER now

and one of the guys on this site did THIS PURPLE CAMO photoshop job for my duece several years back...

View attachment 303036

and while I never did this paint job, I actually LIKE THIS PURPLE CAMO - kinda what a deuce might look like if it RAN OVER BARNEY the dinosaur

SPCWarning

wallew, I'll consider your point of view on this. Hmmm......may be onto something. (especially when my wife reads this). The Deuce is........different with the Barney colors. (she'll see that too:shock: lol.) Thanks man.

jde, sorry about the temporary thread hijack! So have you been on the lookout for her a CUCV yet? It may take a while for the Ford to die (I've owned plenty of them). Keep us updated, this may help my bride want me to hurry up and get her an MV!:D

Jimmy

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
two or three moth balls in her blue oval gas tank might do the trick, but that's an OLD trick and probably doesn't work...

metal flake's down the intake? nah, that probably wouldn't work either

lot of old school tricks NO ONE thinks of these days