• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best way for me to buy a deuce?

Yohan

SEVEN pages of free advice!!! You got a lot more than what you paid for, kid! :p

I guess above all else, honor your parent's wishes in this. It isn't like you're asking for advice on getting married here, but Mom and Dad have invested more and love you more than anyone on this board. Make them proud and

HONOR MOM & DAD!!!

You'll be fine. :beer:

Last edited:

yak50pilot

I'm definitely leaning towards a private sale now that I've read up on some of the info on the GL website. It really sounds like a lot more trouble than it's worth for someone in my situation. I want to learn how to fix these trucks and keep them running, but not on the side of I-90.
Good choice. I hope your going for aeronautics. Or a pilot. The car industry is dead. Keep plugging away and you will be just fine. In the pilot community we support Young people that show an interest in our hobby. You are the future and us old farts are the ambassadors.

The only stupid question is one that is not asked. Also do not worry about what you say as only the communist have the watch what you say attitude. Just because they do not like what you say does not mean you should not say it. Still a free country and your freedom for this is protected.

Ask away and if the bozos don't like it too bad.

197thhhc

Nobody needs a deuce and you only live once. Just become familiar with them first. Meet some membeers and make some friends. I think as veteren MV owners we should go out of our way to mentor the newbies and help them. Not with negative comments and such, but help them with their decision. If there is a new person in my area that wants help learning the ropes. I would be happy to help. Maybe we can have an official Steel Soldiers mentoring program.

3dAngus

OK guys, you can lighten up. He's no 19 year old in Mech. Engineering school.

He's a troll. We just played into his hands.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
OK this is another one that the mods need to create a stickey.
"Best way to buy a deuce" I am on a roll tonight.
Here are more.
1. Wanna bid on a deuce, how do I do this?
2. Just won my first deuce, how does the EUC take and how does this work?
3. WTF is an SF-97 and how long does it take?
4. What do I need to recover?
5. No brakes, how does this system work?
6. I bought a deuce and it does not have a title, how do I get one?
7. Best ways to search!!!!!

That is enough for tonight. I do not mean this as an insult or to belittle the FNG. I want to help you grasp the wealth of MV knowledge we have here in the least amount of time. Reading takes far less time than writing and asking questions and sitting around expecting a straight answer on a question that has been addressed 200 times. FNG welcome, we were all wearing your skivies once upon a time...

biodeucel

OK guys, you can lighten up. He's no 19 year old in Mech. Engineering school.

He's a troll. We just played into his hands.

Actually, I'm reasonably certain that I am 19 (last I checked) and that I am a Mechanical Engineering student. I have a school issued email address, which I can use to download products like Autocad inventor (and ALL the add-ons) free of charge. PM me and I'll prove it to you.

Btw, I actually joined this forum in '08 before I got my first truck. I stopped coming here in favor of tundrasolutions. I'm just now starting to re-learn everything I knew (and more). I understand the use of the search function. On TS that is a huge deal. I just figured that since I wanted specific advice about my situation, this would be the best way to get it. It makes a difference that I don't have my own house, have access to a shop and friends to help me, etc.

3dAngus

Student, yes. J ob, yes. 5 minutes from school and job, yes. Started in 08, yes. Same questions over and over in a different package. What 16-17 year old calls his neighbor (adult with diesel skills and several MV's) by his first name?
What 16-17 year professes to have excellent diesel skills, or have the goal of buying a deuce for transporting biodiesel or wmo.
What 16-17 year old say they avoid the urban areas like the plague, as if you had a choice as a 16 year old. That's about what someone in control of their current destiny says.

You've been playing this game for three years now. Enough already.

biodeucel

What 16-17 year old calls his neighbor (adult with diesel skills and several MV's) by his first name?

If you're talking about the neighbor mentioned earlier in this thread, I never said I knew his first name. I don't even know him. I've just seen his truck.

What 16-17 year professes to have excellent diesel skills, or have the goal of buying a deuce for transporting biodiesel or wmo.

I NEVER said I have excellent diesel skills. Yes, I am interested in alternative fuels. With the price of gas who wouldn't be.

What 16-17 year old say they avoid the urban areas like the plague, as if you had a choice as a 16 year old. That's about what someone in control of their current destiny says.

I do have control over my destiny. I chose to go to college in the middle of bum**** nowhere over a school in the city. I have no reason to go into cities, so I don't. It's not hard.

Are you one of those conspiracy theory people? You sound like one.

I really don't understand why this is so hard to believe...

yak50pilot

I dont think anyone is upset in this thread. Some people can't handle the truth. I think that was a line in a movie.
Angus burger could be right about a troll.....Hummmm

At any rate I still stand by my posts if any does not like it......tough Sh*T :)

yak50pilot

Student, yes. J ob, yes. 5 minutes from school and job, yes. Started in 08, yes. Same questions over and over in a different package. What 16-17 year old calls his neighbor (adult with diesel skills and several MV's) by his first name?

Good detective work!:beer:

biodeucel

Definition of a troll:
One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue."

"1a. Noun
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

1b. Noun
A person who, on a message forum of some type, attacks and flames other members of the forum for any of a number of reasons such as rank, previous disagreements, sex, status, ect.
A troll usually flames threads without staying on topic, unlike a "Flamer" who flames a thread because he/she disagrees with the content of the thread.

1c. Noun
A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to circumvent getting banned.

2a. Noun
Sometimes compared to the Japanese ‘Oni’, a troll is a supernatural creature of Scandinavian folklore, whose race was thought to have carried massive stones into the countryside (although actually the result of glaciers). Lives in hills, mountains, caves, or under bridges. They are stupid, large, brutish, hairy, long-nosed, and bug-eyed, and may also have multiple heads or horns. Trolls love to eat people, especially small children.
The Females of the species are generally kinder and more intelligent, but still fairly hideous."

Sorry but I don't think asking honest questions falls under any of these definitions.

For those of you who gave me excellent advice (and stayed on topic), thank you, I really appreciate it.

3dAngus

Well... not really. That is a limited definition picked off google.
Trolls misrepresent who they are for the purpose of getting more attention and upping his headcount on the views. It's something trolls use for attention.

If you really believe he is 19 years old after reading his history, go ahead and patronize him with this same ole question he has been asking for three years. Makes no difference to me.

biodeucel

Trolls misrepresent who they are for the purpose of getting more attention and upping his headcount on the views. It's something trolls use for attention.

I agree.

If you really believe he is 19 years old after reading his history, go ahead and patronize him with this same ole question he has been asking for three years. Makes no difference to me.
I offered to send you an email from my college issued email, which would prove that I am college age. I haven't gotten any PM's. Did you want a copy of my driver's license and social security number?

As for asking the same question over and over for the past three years, no, I actually haven't. If you actually read the threads, or even just the titles, you can tell they are different questions.

Here is a link to a list of threads I have created:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/search.php?searchid=1554455

Deuce as daily driver? - this thread basically asks if the truck can be used as a daily driver

The Cost of a Deuce??? - How much does it cost to maintain one of these trucks

Deuce ownership? - This thread is basically asking how reliable the deuce is.

MV's for Newbies - This is a general question in the conversations forum about general advice you would give to a first time MV buyer.

As you can see, none of these questions are the same.
As an added benefit of posting the links here, any future members who find this thread through a search will be directed to additional info, if they can get through all the crap first. Speaking of which, if you have any further doubts about my integrity, please just PM me. This has nothing to do with the original topic, and isn't contributing anything to the forum.

FormerNewMVGuy

Yeah your right..I think i need to stop posting ,Just digging myself in deeper with all the A-holes on here...

I enjoy this site , for all the reference material, but the quality of the threads is really goin downhill.
Maybe all you guys are right ,I think the new members should be somehow screened or made to read the site before being allowed to post. I would cut down on all this crap.

197thhhc

I personnaly think you must be legit. A troll would just go away laughing, not come back and defend himself. If you have questions and dont feel like going through all this BS you can PM me.

I am just not a grassy knoll kind of guy. I dont buy into conspiracies too quick.