• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best way to remove rust from 24 bolts wheel?

blutow

Is it best practice to paint the bolts after replacing? I just put all new hardware and now I’m worried it’ll rust
If you like the blacked out look, paint the studs and lugs flat black and you can touch up at will. If you like the raw silver/galvanized look, they should do fine unpainted. Particularly if you have newish studs that still have most of their zinc. I bought a set of 5 used 24 bolt wheels that were just sitting in the dirt/elements for a long time. Of the 120 unpainted studs, only a handful had any visible rust. A couple of the wheels had some significant surface rust that had to be refinished, but the studs were almost all good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks