• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Better CUCV Side Mirrors

Gabe92

Is anyone aware of a superior mirror that is easily swappable with the standard CUCV side mirror? I find mine to be almost useless.

87cr250r

Maybe you can find some convex glass from a larger modern mirror and grind it to fit your current housing? One that says, "objects in mirror are closer than they appear".

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is anyone aware of a superior mirror that is easily swappable with the standard CUCV side mirror? I find mine to be almost useless.
What exactly are you used to using?

Mine are more than adequate.
I tow my M101A2 trailers a lot and their fine to back them up with.
Their better than my wife’s 2021 Chevy Trail Boss
Pickups mirrors.

You could go with the large camping/towing mirrors that were available and are reproduced today.

Not a lot of options without changing the look of the truck.

cucvrus

(1) 1986 CUCV M1009 Decade after being wrecked. | Page 32 | SteelSoldiers
Having the correct parts will make the mirrors more secure and add substantial support. These brackets came stock on all CUCV's and GM trucks back in the day that had the folding mirrors. And don't bad mouth the Trail Boss mirrors. I tow my car trailer with my Trail Boss, and I can see better with them mirrors then I can with the M1028. Or maybe it is that it does grade braking and has the newer features that make it a pleasure to drive. Not that I don't like CUCV's but comparing the 2 is like oranges and apples. 025.JPG These trucks were built 30 years apart. I would be a liar to say the CUCV was a better truck and more comfortable to drive. But the stock CUCV mirrors are the best set up for the vehicle. In comparison mirrors have come a long way. If you hit something with these mirrors, it does thousands of dollars in damage. 1665935497242.png Good Luck with your mirror selection. Do NOT be the Dodge guy. 1665935658704.png

Last edited:

cucvrus

General Motors has all the camera angles covered with the new GM truck. I don't have a trailer camera, but the side views work great. Nice for backing and checking the hitch and safety chains. Like anything it could be future problems but for now and the past 3 + years it works great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks