• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

better late than never

Biggles

Finally got some pictures together from 4th of July.

Truck pool anyone?

Attachments

tblackbu_77

Great minds think alike, I just ran across your thread in the midst of setting my Deuce for a Concert. I was out shopping for a small liner to create a pool in the back.

My biggest concern is will the water stay in the pool for the 10 mile drive.

Biggles

Great minds think alike, I just ran across your thread in the midst of setting my Deuce for a Concert. I was out shopping for a small liner to create a pool in the back.

My biggest concern is will the water stay in the pool for the 10 mile drive.
No......No it will not. I mean some will, sure it will be wet back there but not full. Believe me every time I hit the brakes even fairly gently it flooded the cab floor with all the splashing and sloshing. your best bet is to fill it someplace closer or refill it when you get there.

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a pool in the back of my deuce last weekend for the syracuse nationals. do a search for "syracuse nationals" and it will come up :-D i had 17 inches of water in the back and cruzing around the show. next year im thinking i need a water slide [thumbzup]

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuce-Load of Water....

Just crunched the numbers...

Deuce bed volume (approx. 8' x 12' x 15") x water @ 62.416#/cu.ft. =

JUST UNDER 7500# ! ! ! (within the on-road limits for an M35.)

If you wait until the load FREEZES, then you won't have any problem with it SLOSHING out of the bed, but it would be too hard to swim in.... not to mention TOO DANG COLD!!!

:eek:

Flyingvan911

Coat the bed with bed liner and put seals around the tailgate. I portable pool that's ready all the time. You could statr a portable pool party business.

Farmun

Well, I'm wishing for cool weather. So would a hot tub slide in the bed.... with it being taller and narrower it might not slosh around so much... :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks