• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Betts spotlights on an M109A3 - location?

Spook556

I have a pair of older Betts spotlights, on arms - this is the current version, LED:

325503.gif

The arm is similar, and it stands out about 10 inches total from the base. What is the consensus on where on the truck to mount them? I was looking at mounting them as cowl lights, just forward of the doors - but the passenger side mount would conflict with the exhaust, and I don't really want to do that. I could mount them on the front of the van box and turn them forward, but that cuts down on their usefulness. I suppose I could put them on the side of the cab top behind the doors, but the left side is a problem again - it would just light up the back of the exhaust stack! :-D

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Spook

steelandcanvas

You're pretty limited to the mounting locations with the design, flat sufaces only. You could fab up a bracket and expand your mounting choices, such as on the mirror supports.