• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beware GL auctions with mandated riggers

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I bought a $50 set of lockers at GL auction.

The terms are that an approved rigger must be used for load out. They have a list of rwo approved riggers. You may not do it yourself.

The rigger fees are not available until after you have won the auction.

They want $700.

Obviously I'm going to abandon them.

Caveat emptor

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds like GL is been talking to some of these LUMPERS.

'oh we have guys to unload your truck for you, they charge $200.'
thats ok, I have a pallet jack
oh you cant be on our dock, its against osha ruling
so how do i get in the trailer to unload?
you have to hire our 'in house' lumper service.....
and so the back door servicing with no reach around and no lube begins.

I will never truck like that ever again, skrew me once, shame on you, skrew me twice, shame on me.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are these items stored on the 3rd floor of a whorehouse that has no elevators and must be crane lowered to street level? then a rigging crew would be required.

Last edited:

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
oh now i feel like a doofus, WALL LOCKERS, not axle lockers.... note to self, dont drink and post to SS.

Last edited:

Al Capone

Winder how they consider qualified ? Im
union ironworker . Have basic and advanced rigging and pic qualifications at a nucleur power plant . Probably still
not enough for them.

Last edited:

giaus

I'd contact state and inspector general - if your post is accurate, i would classify this as theft by fraud

if paid by credit card, you can have card company do a chargeback, but then GL could file collection actions against you

if you are documented, it should be defensible, the question is are you mad enough to invest the time to deny them the $50?

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"it's the principle of it" I had a court case for years that I fought because of principle. It would have only cost me a couple hundred to end the case but I was not going to pay a scam. I hired lawyers (Plural) to fight the case and cost me thousands. I had one lawyer tell me you can throw principal right out the door when it comes to the legal system do to the cost. I did not care, I stood my ground and won in the end. to this day I feel better for it.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"it's the principle of it" I had a court case for years that I fought because of principle. It would have only cost me a couple hundred to end the case but I was not going to pay a scam. I hired lawyers (Plural) to fight the case and cost me thousands. I had one lawyer tell me you can throw principal right out the door when it comes to the legal system do to the cost. I did not care, I stood my ground and won in the end. to this day I feel better for it.
I agree with you. But it's $50. Not worth the stress. Stress will kill you. Believe me.

Take it as I bought this particular bit of information for $50, and let's all benefit from it.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with you. But it's $50. Not worth the stress. Stress will kill you. Believe me.

Take it as I bought this particular bit of information for $50, and let's all benefit from it.
GL is pretty much gone now anyway , unless your buying scrap, so there would be much to gain sueing them.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
GL is pretty much gone now anyway , unless your buying scrap, so there would be much to gain sueing them.
GL is not "gone". They do a lot of other government sales (federal, state, and local). Matter of fact, you'll see a special advertising campaign for them starting tomorrow likely.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
GL is not "gone". They do a lot of other government sales (federal, state, and local). Matter of fact, you'll see a special advertising campaign for them starting tomorrow likely.
Tell that to all the employees they let go at Lockbourne...

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't see them pulling stuff from their 5 other companies to GL, GovDeals does most of the non military sales .
The only thing GL has sold here in michigan since GP took the rolling stock is for Pesico or auto industry surplus with a 18% buyers premium.

Last edited:

tobyS

I don't see them pulling stuff from their 5 other companies to GL, GoDeals does most of the non military sales .
The only thing GL has sold here in michigan since GP took the rolling stock is for Pesico or auto industry surplus with a 18% buyers premium.
They sold me a rockwell drill at PH in Michigan. Nobody but me bid and I got it at $25. It was nice, 3 phase and had a nice vice. I planned on ordering a frequency control to go 1 to 3 phase. While trying to schedule pickup, I got a message from the site contact that they had listed the wrong drill press and wanted to cancel the sale. But at the end, she offered another (of course lesser machine and value). I let GL know my displeasure, since the add identified the machine by serial number and photo's.

I decided not to push (given the small amount of money) but go ahead and pick up what was offered. The PH people helped, gave me a nice drill press and tailgate loaded it. I thank the PH people...because it seemed GL was content to renege on the sale with no cost to them, only a waste of my time (eventually a refund probably).

tobyS

Does that mean you will be suspended from buying things now
If you meen me....no. All worked out well because what was offered was nice and they assisted the load out. As far as GL, I paid and picked up, so no further action was necessary. Frankly, having the third party seller other than the government was a blessing in this case...the government would not have offered a replacement at all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks