• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

beware of Florida GL policy change

weldergonecrazy

Well, I sent in all of the paperwork for the sf97 form on October 28. On December 28 (two months and many phonecalls later) I received an envelope from GL. I got pretty excited, because I had been waiting to put my truck on the road, but my excitement quickly turned to disgust and anger. The3 letter in the envelope stated that GL's new policy for all vehicles sold from sites in the state of Florida, must issue the title due to the fact that all Florida GL auction sites will now be classified as a used car dealership! So I Waited two months just to find out that I had to fill out more paperwork and mail it back to GL...I wonder how long it will take them to issue the title...maybe another two months!!!!! This is frustrating

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They screwed up to begin with. They are required by law and have a deadline to provide you with a FL title. I'm not sure where you go to complain, maybe BPR (bureau of Professional Regulation).

aboonski

Nice looking CUCV! Mine is also an 86 but I bought it from a guy in Carmel New York and drove it home to West Melbourne FL with no problems at all. I still have to install the top bows and cargo cover and mine will be complete.

Most recently, GL contacted me about filling out another EUC for an M105A2 trailer that I had purchased back in 2002. I had never received a title for the trailer and managed to convince the people at GL to provide one since they had all the records going back to the time I made the purchase. I know you will get a title but it may take a few more weeks. I can't remember the name of the lady who helped me but she went out of her way to get me a title for my trailer so I hope she is the one helping you with the documentation.

By the way, when you get the truck registered, drive up to West Melbourne sometime and visit me. I have made a lot of modifications out of necessity that you might want to consider doing to your truck - mostly electrical. You are about 45 minutes from where I live right off of 192. I will be happy to drive my truck to your place sometime - mine is the A1 version of the M1008. Al Broadbent

weldergonecrazy

What kind of mods have you done? This is going to be my daily driver/toy, I am always looking to modify. I'm putting a deep sump tranny pan and a shift kit in next week. I also have been working on an aux fuel tank and heat exchanger to run wvo, as soon as I am finished, I'll post an article with a lot of pictures. I'm also going to fabricate a cold air intake, and hope to install a lift and tires before too long. I'd really like to see some body elses projects up close. I am really disapointed that I have drill this weekend, otherwise I would have been in Clermont for the MV raley. Why is it, every time I have plans to do something, I get an e-mail with a change to our drill schedule, and without fail it conflicts with my previous plans.

aboonski

Just the manual glow plug relay switch using a lawn mower starter relay and a starter solenoid disrupter switch to prevent future problem with my under-dash starter relay. I also added a solargizer to the hood of my truck to keep the batteries in top condition. Like I mentioned, most of the modifications were electrical but I did rebuild my troop seats with the newer fiberglass material that I acquired from FMTV troop seats a while back. I bought the FMTV seats through GL and drove to Homestead AFB to pick them up thinking they would fit and M35 only they were two feet short! Speaking of troop seats, do you still have the stuff from your CUCV? I am mainly interested in the top bows and all of the hardware that goes into support of the cargo cover but would be interested in obtaining anything else you don't intend to use for your truck. I want to bead blast a set of troop seat parts and basically restore the back of my truck a little at a time. I am also considering converting my truck to run on WVO and saw where one guy had routed his fuel line, which was made of stainless steel, through his heater hose via cast iron fittings of some sort. You have to use two electric fuel pumps to do the conversion properly - you probably already know that. Give me a call sometime when you get the chance - 321 427-3070 here in Melbourne Fl.

weldergonecrazy

I still have all the stuff that came with the truck. I actually put it all for sale in the classifieds section, and have had a couple of people mildly interrested, but no real offers. Let me know what you might be interrested in.

devilman96

What Kenny is saying is correct... GL are tards.. They have known about the dealer part as they have been regestered as one for a few years now in FL....

They have 30 days from the date of sale (the day you pay) to cut your title by state law. I would go to the state TOMORROW about this... Bet ya get your title in a few days after you make the calls.

acetomatoco

There was a guy in NY who was investigating whether GL had turned over collected sales taxes to the individual states...and also the need to be a Used Car Dealer to do business in the surplus vehicles in each state...so maybe it is going to be more than just FL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks