• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

91W350

We do not have any rings, you can come pull everything else out of one for 100 dollars. The cab reinforcements, back plate, top rail, stands, whatever you can pull.

therooster2001

Glenn, we just made it home. Thanks for the hospitality and the parts!

We spent about 6 hours in the lot on a very sunny and hot Kansas day. I never knew it was so much work pulling parts. Glenn still has some A2's with lots of goodies on them. And lots of other M923 A0 / A1's with good parts. I did forget some things, and lost one of my buddies socket set somewhere in the mix. If someone finds a Craftsman set on a "tree" let me know, I want to get them back to the owner. LOTS of tires, so I scored another spare. PCB (we tested them out on our M934A2 we just picked up from TX), cargo seats, a passenger seat and some lights. Very good trip to the salvage yard. As soon as we left we kept thinking of things we could have gotten, so we'll need to make the trek out from Denver again. Glenn is a very cool dude, just watch out for your parts if the male white dog is around. He got my fuel cap! I got parts and a story from BFR....

91W350

It was a pleasure having you guys here. I was a worn out pup and ready to kick back. Thanks for testing my stock of boxes!

IMG_20150604_182919910_HDR.jpg

I am a simple guy, I was checking a row of trucks and found these lift shackles with tow bar pins in them. You ever wonder where all those tow bar pins went? 8) I once left an ebay negative feedback after a long fight to get the two tow bar pins I paid dearly for and got shackle pins instead. It was an ugly deal and I hate to leave negative feedback. Only did it twice in 2300 plus transactions... Anyway, finding these two put a smile on my face today!

oboyjohn

Man, I wish there were places like this up here in Canada. I could spend days in a place like that, drooling and pulling parts all day long.

91W350

I doubt there are many places like this in the US. We give away a lo5 of small parts with a small purchase. Things that do not weigh up.

91W350

We might get the wood bed sides, I never saved any of those. I am not sure about a good running 250, we never try to start them. We have a core buyer who has been decent to work with, the trucks are bought as salvage, no paper work for titling, so we have been knocking them down without testing anything. The radiator is no problem , we saved a couple that looked new, however the miles might be a problem as we do not ship.

belmor

We might get the wood bed sides, I never saved any of those. I am not sure about a good running 250, we never try to start them. We have a core buyer who has been decent to work with, the trucks are bought as salvage, no paper work for titling, so we have been knocking them down without testing anything. The radiator is no problem , we saved a couple that looked new, however the miles might be a problem as we do not ship.
Do you get the bed sides/troop seats in aluminum?

~B~

91W350

I am closed on Sunday, but I live in the military yard. We can set a nice set out and load you up in short order if we had a time. I guess we is me. Seems like Salina will take you over 100 miles out of your way to Florida though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks