• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

builderboy

Thanks !!

Glen forgot to say thanks again for letting me come up and look around before that batch of 900's got crushed. Would you be willing to post when you get a dozen or so fresh 900's in? I can't wait to come back!!! Do you have any winches coming in on the next batch by chance??

Thanks
Kevin
:beer:

91W350

91W350 I see you got a new sigline , it sucks but you might have to start having parts pre-paid .
I was hoping to shame the party into paying for his five ton PTO that several other members would like to have. The BS lines just keep rolling in, I have asked that it just be shipped back and I would pay for the shipping.

To be brutally honest about it, he stood right in front of me, looked me in the eye and lied to me. That is life, he and his partners need not come back to the yard. it might be unfair to declare guilt by association, but that is the way it is.

He had guts enough to ask me to hold things for his partners in crime. Personally, I see no gain in doing that. I generally am a positive person and will change the signature line in a few days.

I am swamped, my biggest problem is postage or shipping. I cannot get to UPS, Fed Ex or the Post Office to get things shipped. I have a lot of parts pulled for several people, getting them delivered is almost impossible for me.

I could make more money selling parts and shipping them than the salary I agreed to work for. I am not complaining, I like my job and I like the contacts that have grown from the job. Things are looking up, we have hired somebody to write checks and do scale tickets. When I get her trained, I should have more free time. Working for a friend is tough, I feel obligated to do my best to make his relatively new business work, on the other hand, it kills me to see the wasted military equipment.

I know several members have stopped by the yard and witnessed the sheer volume of the business. One day, prices will surely drop, but for now, we are just blown away most of the time. A good problem to have.

I really appreciate those who stop by and take a few minutes to talk while we settle up. I try to be fair, more than fair and hope they will come back again.

I will be at the yard most of the day tomorrow, I have a lot if things to move around and if anybody wants to swing by, I would enjoy their company. I realize it is Easter Sunday and certainly do not expect anybody to be in my 'hood bored outta their gourd. :) Glen

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glen, If you'll go ahead and PM me what I owe you for the driveshaft I'll sent the payment right out.

I could also use a set of engine mud guards off of a M939. If you could just pull a set so they don't get crushed I'd really appreciate it. I'm in no hurry for them but I can go ahead and send you some money to hold them if you'd like.

I could actually use a bunch of stuff but distance is a killer. I wish I was closer. Our local scrap yard gets in the odd MV every now and then that I pull parts off of but it's nothing like the inventory you're getting.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to be heading that way this coming week, if a good hard top and spare tire holder from an A1 is available let me know.

MKD73

Wow, I guess I have been living in the dark for the last 10 years!
If you get any LED lights or a decent hard top I would be interested. I would like some 14 R 20's but it sounds like those are spoken for or hard to come by. I was just out at Ft Riley the other day and could have kept heading west.
Matt

Scrounge41

I wish I had a playground like that near me. Three of those 5 tons trailers just sold on GL out of Jax. Fl at $2,200 each. Would liked to have one but not at that money.

91W350

We had some LEDs, we may have more 14 20s than I first thought. Come on up and look around, we also had some LEDs, but somebody either misrepresented what they took or flat stole them from us. We may have more on these trucks rolling in.

Scrounge41, I like your username, you sound like a guy that would have a hard time working here.....

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had some LEDs, we may have more 14 20s than I first thought. Come on up and look around, we also had some LEDs, but somebody either misrepresented what they took or flat stole them from us. We may have more on these trucks rolling in.

Scrounge41, I like your username, you sound like a guy that would have a hard time working here.....

Kind of the same thing! Any idea who?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thanks to Glen 91W350 a little sweat pulling wrenches and cash, I now have a full set of Xl's on my duce, a full set of G177 tires on my XM818 with spare tire davit, delineators , composite tail lights on my M146 trailer and an adjustable landing leg on my M101A2 trailer. New tires on my boster trailer and now a M105A2 with G114 radial 17.5X11 tires.
I need to get back out there this week for another fix!

Attachments

Last edited:

91W350

Kind of the same thing! Any idea who?
Very good idea, I did not catch them in the act, but I am sure that they will not be back in that yard with my knowledge. They will be arrested if I catch them there. Maybe the check is in the mail....

91W350

Thanks to Glen 91W350 a little sweat pulling wrenches and cash, I now have a full set of Xl's on my duce, a full set of G177 on my XM818 with spare tire davit, delineators and composite tail lights on my M146 trailer and an adjustable landing leg on my M101A2 trailer. New tires on my boster trailer and now a M105 with 17.5X10 tires.
I need to get back out there this week for another fix!
Those 1100s sure look nice on those deuces. I put a set on mine, the eight you left behind and two Goodyears until the next batch of 105s comes in. A few of them have Michelins on them. I probably have too much air in mine, 70 pounds, but it sure drives and rides nice! I think I will work on eight more Goodyears as well, might as well have some high quality tires on both trucks!

Scrounge41

Scrounge has been my nickname since high school (i'm now 52). My XL's show to inflate to 115 psi and I have 90 in mine. I was wondering what everybody else is running in theirs. I think I'll go start a thread on that one.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Mine are at 60 all the way around, the Xl's sure seem to make the steering and ride much-more better! I didn't have to change the front axle shims with the XL's.
I would have loved to been out there today with the weather like it is but had 2 of my grown kids come home to see the wife and me.

I would have liked to have been up too today. Beautiful Kansas day!!
I managed to get a new pintle mount made for my
F150 so a M101 will sit properly. And I have a crank
landing gear

THANKS GLEN

ready to go on.

Been busy for me at work, but look look forward to getting back up there!

91W350

I noticed that the tread pattern in the mud and dirt is pretty good on the front tires at 70 psi, my truck is a winch truck. The rears though, even with a bed load of railroad ties today, were not planting the outside tread bars, just the middle three rows. I think I will try 55 in the rear. The two Good-Years seem to be riding much flatter and they are on the rear tandem outside. 1100s are a nice step up on a deuce.

Gunwriter, looking forward to seeing you again. I have plenty of work for you and Builderboy to do and a new supply of pay. :cool:

Last edited:
Glen,

I hope you enjoyed your Easter!
Look forward to coming up!

I will be up this week, and will check with Josh.

I bought him a big air compressor like mine, but his has that 4 cylinder
government 4A032 engine on it. I lugged it home and we played
with it for a bit and it fired right up and ran great. He's wanted one for a while
so he's pretty happy.......

91W350

Mine are at 60 all the way around, the Xl's sure seem to make the steering and ride much-more better! I didn't have to change the front axle shims with the XL's.
I would have loved to been out there today with the weather like it is but had 2 of my grown kids come home to see the wife and me.
It would be a rough go in your Toyota. The road is not too bad if you stay close to the fence. We had to drag the tractors out after they unloaded this week. :driver: It would have been a great day to work on pulling parts!

We unloaded the last few loads in pretty heavy rain. The yard is a rutted mess again. I am afraid to drive my Dodge in there again, the oil pan is too close to the ground and the ruts are deep enough to high center the truck. I need to break things down with my deuce again. Last time it cost me four tires.....

We really need to get the Fuchs over there with the magnet and clean up the metal on the ground. For those who are not familiar with the Fuchs.... it is an awesome machine... 8)8)

Fuchs MHL 350 material handler for scrap metal recycling | Blue Fuchs

Stop by and visit, I can escape the front desk for short periods now. Hopefully in a month or so, I will be able to roam a little..... Glen

91W350

Glen,

I hope you enjoyed your Easter!
Look forward to coming up!

I will be up this week, and will check with Josh.

I bought him a big air compressor like mine, but his has that 4 cylinder
government 4A032 engine on it. I lugged it home and we played
with it for a bit and it fired right up and ran great. He's wanted one for a while
so he's pretty happy.......
Where is mine? I had a great day yesterday, pulled some parts, hauled a load of RR ties in my deuce....

We had four more 923s arrive today, one on 1100s and one on 14 R 20s.... Pretty nice truck on the 1100s..

MKD73

Guess I am going to have to get up their sooner than later to meet you guys and look around. The ruts and yard sound pretty bad, it would be a long drive in the deuce so I could get through the yard, especially my duece with tracks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks