• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

RealCavDog

Mark wants to get his truck running and I understand that. He has been sending me PMs and he has been calling the yard. I have an extremely hard time shipping anything oversize. My day starts before any of the businesses that ship out open and it ends long after they close. If I had a lunch break, I could ship the stuff then. . . . ,

. . . . . . ,

. . . . . . ,

The military vehicle stuff is handled separate from the regular business and is not actually a part of BFR. We do not sell parts off of anything that comes into the yard. I have been given a lot of freedom to sell parts off of those trucks, but I have to do it on my own time. I may have to make it a U-pull and haul your own parts palace for a while.

The parts I have in stock, I can package and have ready to go to the post office. Anybody can do those for me, the large stuff is a real obstacle for me to get out. I have pallets available and strapping equipment. I can fairly easily strap things to a pallet for pickup, much easier than hauling it to a shipping depot.

Hang with me guys, this should get better. I know I could be making a lot more money just doing the military stuff and not working for the company, but I want my friend's business to work.

Several members are waiting or wanting parts from me, I apologize for being so slow to ship. Glen

So Glen, it would seem that this is almost more of a MV type of public service ? I have seen some of your pricing for parts, and I have to say, your just a small step away from just giving this stuff away ! My things included, by the way ! On top of that your pulling, packaging and shipping it, and thats in between trying to work your "retired" self half to death at a demanding new job !

And, if some of us MV folks are calling the main business office, how long, friend owner or not, until it appears to be a conflict of interest ? I understand that you have a great relationship with him, but business is just that, business ! Could that run the risk of creating problems, not just for you, but for those that are a bit more understanding of your time and situation ?

The only reason I bring some of these things up, is that even though it has been covered many times in this thread, a lack of understanding seems to be an issue almost every other time or so that a new post comes to my Blackberry !

At the risk of having some folks get a little testy, maybe you would not be so rushed and covered up if the deals were not quite so low ball, or if expedited service paid you more accordingly, I mean really, the phrase "time is money" has several meanings, and you may possibly be too nice a guy sometimes ! Not that that is a bad thing by any means !

Many people will be very happy to let you nice guy yourself into a coma, and then forget who you are when they have filled their needs ! If folks are in an urgent need, then maybe they should consider some of the many full time business folks that are members of our community and specialize in these things and are set up for shipping and such ! I have never thought of what you do as a business, I consider you a hobbyist, and a friend of the community, and it just sounds sometimes, from an outsider looking in view, that some folks have difficulty telling the difference.

Not to take anything business related away from you at all, I am VERY happy, should really send you some more cash just on principal, and have no problem waiting for it all to get gathered up, and then I will drive right by Ft. Riley (how strange will that be !) to your place in Salina and pick it all up !

Thats why I jokingly (kinda') thought of buying another trailer from you, just to fill up and protect things from getting run over or crushed by accident ! New, safer, and a bit better paying job starting, so may have to reconsider that option !

Now you and Missy and the guys go have a great day, and remember, You need to take time for You !

RealCavDog

I understand where you are Glen been there done that it gets like a full time job then you burn out and you loose interest in the whole thing altogether. There is a guy on ebay goes by beltfed explaines that if you want it right away order it from someone else he explaines its not his full time job and you will get it when he has time to get it out. Maybe you should try his approach it seems to work for him and you wont get burnt out well good luck.

Excellent ! We were overlapping our posts ! And having the same thoughts !

A few of my friends have had some dealings with beltfed, he is HUGE on listings, and when you contact him, if you combine things, get multiples and are easy to deal with, his deals get better !

builderboy

I don't know if anyone might be looking for some 900 parts but this is the place to find them...In my opnion of course. Made the short trip today to this place and was totally awe struck!!

With that being said I was able to look around and found all kinds of goodies !! Here is a partial list of items that should be purchased, before they get crushed.

New springer seat, New windshields, new doors, new driver and passenger windows, An awesome assortment of tires...In great shape, and the list goes on and on. With that being said I am not a saleperson for this place just wanting to let people know what kinda parts could be available.

Of course if you just need a generator, starter, axles, beds, ..... there is lots of that stuff also.

We even found a few surprises in the yard!!!

I can't wait to go back !! I have some pictures to post buy I'm headed to bed. Hopefully tommorrow.

Builderboy

Speedwoble

Glen, as previously mentioned, I will be there in late April/ early May I will be in Nebraska on business and plan on extending my trip to see my folks and swing by your yard again. Unfortunately I am flying back, so I can't haul many goodies for myself, but maybe I can help you pull and ship parts.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
It is a 15 hour drive for us. My wife and I thought about driving out there and just staying for about 3 days and just help Glen with pulling parts and shipping. My wife is a breeze at shipping she did daily shipment of my race car parts from Charlotte. She could also leave to get to the shippers. We have been trying to find a nurse to stay round the clock with my mother. We would love to help for free and if can find a nurse we will.
Glen I sure don't want to be a thorn in your side, and you sure need a break for a couple days. If you can just send what you have boxed and we will worry about the rest when you have more time. You are a good guy Glen and don't need to be that stressed. Mark

PLEASE DELETE THIS DOUBLE POST< WHY DOES IT KEEP DOING THIS?

I made it up to Salina Saturday and had a chance to see Glen.
As always he was a mite busy, but he took some time out of his
day to chit chat and even bought the pizza.
The yard is packed with M105 trailers and a 5 ton truck or two.
Good golly Miss Molly there are a lot of parts up there!
A friend and I spent a relaxing Saturday enjoying the beautiful
weather, pulling a tire or two and gawking at all the goodies.

Look forward to getting back up there!

TIGERFANS2

A fellow club member and I took the trip from Topeka to Salina today for some tires, came back pulling the other member's new to him trailer AND some tires.

91W350

I had a couple of SS members stop by today for 900 20 tires, which we have lots of... during the conversation 900 16s popped up. Yes, I had a pair and a secondary pair on a trailer. Now he has four and a trailer... They also scored a few nice new Titans.

New arrivals? Yes, about 40 M105 trailers last week... The 923 trucks are starting to leave. We had a few that were looking pretty sad. I still hate to see them go...

Last edited:

davesgmc

ELMO just hauled scrap tp a local yard this past saturday. I am afriad if i take elmo and a trailer i will end up bringing home another truck, and i have a yard full right now,,,,,there is ALWAYS room for more though, right?

BTW, this was the first time i got to weigh ELMO empty,,,,22000 EMPTY

TIGERFANS2

ELMO just hauled scrap tp a local yard this past saturday. I am afriad if i take elmo and a trailer i will end up bringing home another truck, and i have a yard full right now,,,,,there is ALWAYS room for more though, right?

BTW, this was the first time i got to weigh ELMO empty,,,,22000 EMPTY
You're right, you shouldn't pull a trailer........ out there ...... buy one from Glen, fill it full of tires and pull it back. I haven't heard from leon if his wife's noticed another mil trailer in the driveway, I told him to blame me.

Speedwoble

Was there briefly on Saturday. Went in not thinking I needed anything and ended up with 100 lbs to ship home. Got an M105 landing leg for my crane trailer, some lights, a horn, and a cab brace for my soft top. I would have loved to get some of the jacks off of the M1061 flatbed trailers for the crane trailer, but didn't think it would be cost effective to ship them to PA.

Pictures of the south yard attached.

Also saw the TIV(Tornado Intercept Vehicle) at a hotel in Salina that morning.

Wish I was driving instead of flying back to PA. (Said as I am waiting in an airport for a second day due to a cancelled flight)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks