• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

davesgmc

the little back dog, bandit?, is a **** of a watch dog. He musta been inrecon before? He will follow you all around the yard, sneaking up on you. as soon as you acknowledge his presence or try to pet him,he barks and runs off to a different location, but soon comes back.

91W350

Now Dave, his name is Thor. He was adopted for my mother in law. When I took him to the vet to be neutered, he was yet unamed. They wanted a name for the chart and being a wise guy... I said after what he just went through, he has to be Thor, it stuck. He loves to run and that eventualy got him back to Kansas. Mom had both knees replaced and could no longer catch the pocket rocket. You are correct about bark and run, the aggravating little sneak does that to me too. No danger to anybody though, maybe marking Elmo's tire....

91W350

125 dollars, but they are about all spoken for. I must have been way too cheap, they left in a hurry. I would rather see them used than rotting in a trailer.

sgtrisk

I know I should read all of the post, but I figured I'd cheat here.

Who (if anyone) might be passing near Glen on their way east to, through, or near Virginia? Anyone? Anyone? I just want to get a couple of seats back here.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just got my treasures unloaded from another visit out to Salina. Best part was it was not too busy so actually got to talk with Glen a little. Also sorry guys I don't own a 939 series truck yet and saw these out there the only ones Glen got in so pounced on them. Got a set of the old school armored seats and yes they have Gabriel hijackersarmo 002.jpg006.jpg mounted on either side of the buckets, the early armored cab floor armor 017.jpg and the frames for the 2 piece armored windshields armo 004.jpg it's too bad the glass had been pulled. I figure in the future this could be vis modded with plexi or safety glass. Also found the outside battery box that fits on top of the tool box armo 005.jpgand some nick-nacks plus lollypop lights for my 275 build. KCclay picked up a like new set of stakes sides with seats and headache rack for his duce and a couple of aluminum 5 step ladders. A day junkin or fishing is a great day.

Attachments

hank2424

two questions, 1st do you have or can you locate a #am598/u amplifier for a prc-9 radio, and can you tell me how to adjust fuel ip on a 5 ton. Very slow throttle, barely 1500 rpm on small hill and was down shifting.Please help???????

91W350

You are way ahead of me! I have no idea what a #am598/u amplifier is. I would check to make sure you have good fuel flow to the pump, clean filters and that the fuel shut off handle has not been pulled. Follow the cable from the fuel shut off to the fuel pump. The valve should be in the forward position, push it with your finger as the cable will not return it to the open position. Several of these trucks had blockages in the fuel system between the tank and pump.

MKD73

I made another trip out to see Glen. As always a great guy and very helpful. Picked up my alternator and I found a couple things I have been needing for my trucks. My brother had a wish list for a couple things as well.
I learned a valuable 100+ pound lesson. Look at the air ride seat to see if it is driver or passenger before you get it out of the trailer! :)
Thanks again for your great hospitality! I never could get my wife to get out of the truck and look at all the good ole iron!

BMS07

Hey Glen do you have an injection pump for a cummins 250. I need the one that was for the wrecker only. The M816 or M936. Thanks Brad

popz76

Found you a tailgate, he wants 100 dollars for it, seems fair enough to me. It is in Nebraska, but he comes through regularly, let me know if you are interested. Thanks...
Evenin' Glen, was wonderin' if this endgate was still available? and if so when would it be at yer place ? My buddy needs it and I guess it's the only way I'll be able to get there to get a springer cause he has the truck !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks