• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

AZK9

Sorry they were all off M939 trucks.
View attachment 607305
:cry:
Just my luck...

Wondering if anyone has ever modified one to fit an M35A2. Or... is that just a crazy idea?

If been thinking about building one 'by hand' out of fiberglass since I've done a lot of similar
work in marine applications. Thoughts?

Any idea what Glen has been asking for those hardtops? I'm driving right through Salina on
my deuce trip back to AZ and will likely stop there anyway. A fun place to stretch the legs! :wink:

EO2NMCB

:cry:
Just my luck...

Wondering if anyone has ever modified one to fit an M35A2. Or... is that just a crazy idea?

If been thinking about building one 'by hand' out of fiberglass since I've done a lot of similar
work in marine applications. Thoughts?

Any idea what Glen has been asking for those hardtops? I'm driving right through Salina on
my deuce trip back to AZ and will likely stop there anyway. A fun place to stretch the legs! :wink:
I found cost wise it was cheaper to get a parts truck off GSA for a m35/m809 hardtop

Roaddog58

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I got the last one off glen, when we were their in jan. call and ask if he has more. He said he sold about 30 of the 5 ton to some gents up north. some might be heading for Aberdeen md?

lindsey97

Wanted to ask Glen if he has any gun ring poles in stock. We are thinking of coming up to Salina to visit Glen March 12-13th to buy some parts and wanted to see what was available.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The Army is not doing it BFR is, they are in the scrap metal business. Most of the trucks there were from a rebuild program that lost funding. RSMS was right next to where you pick up your load from GL or GP on Riley. It is startling to look like a ghost town there now but several years ago all those empty lots around there were packed with trucks. BFR buys them one at a time through auction like the rest of us but also when there were so many out there, got a contract to buy hundreds of them. The lot where the tires are used to have a whole crew out there every day that would be taking them apart 10 at a time.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/F...0x87bc4b362406f219:0xbe42c2e48032f472!6m1!1e1

Last edited:

M35A2 KAISER

As people in the military truck hobby we are just lucky glen is also, if he wasn't we may not be buing parts for the reasonable prices he charges for parts. We are lucky to have him here in the heartland.

pigpen60

Finally got to meet Glen, Great guy! I walked the yard and found my cleviss for my m35. Saw all the dead 5 tons and saw a frame that had been rebuilt and then scrapped. It had new brakes and the drums were already off for easy access. Couldnt figure out how to pay for much less haul the frame on my 2500 ram!100_1533.jpg100_1532.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks