• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

Flyingvan911

I'll post pictures soon. MWMULES and I went out this past Friday to BFR. I picked up eleven 11.00x20 Goodyear G177 radial tires. My NDT's are about done for and it's time for radials. Dave picked up a set of troop seats for his deuce. It was great to meet Glen and tour the yard. Make a list of things you're looking for before you go. Dave ended up remembering the list as we were on the road back home. They still have tons of very nice G177's left.
bfrtires.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MtnSnow

Looks like to me that it is/was: The 119th Corps Support Battalion
It was relocated in 2003 to the Hammonton Armory to better meet both its federal and state missions. The 119th Corps Support Battalion previously had its headquarters in Lawrenceville, Mercer County, New Jersey.
The Battalion provides command and control over the 253rd Transportation Company in Cape May Court House; Company B, 1st Battalion, 126th Aviation in Picatinny Arsenal; and the 1159th Medical Evacuation Detachment in West Trenton. (this info was from a quick google search :)

Another Ahab

Same question from me.

I forgot BFR was only a few hours away. Any drop side or fixed side A3 deuce beds hanging around?
That's lucky for you, but theeDIZ "ain't" so lucky. But I could be wrong, he just might have an SR-71 parked out back, and be minutes away....

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
No A3 beds but still a bunch of 939 drops sides, shoot Glen a message as he did have a few deuces that just got parted. I think a mounted G177 is $150 and cheaper if you leave the wheel as they are a scrap yard, some of the ones out there still have the seams on them as in never been on the road. Remember you can always haul a scrap load out to discount what you take. I don't even go into the main lot there as I always find something that that has no use but would make a great gate or part of a fence.

Another Ahab

Anyone heading east ?
Hey, theeDIZ; I heard the other day about some app that movers subscribe to where they will piggyback small loads onto their big moves. It's sort of a win-win, they maximize their loading and cash-flow, and people with smaller loads get stuff relocated for a reasonable cost.

I'll see if I can get that for you, so you can check it out.

Originally Posted by Another Ahab
Hey, theeDIZ; I heard the other day about some app that movers subscribe to where they will piggyback small loads onto their big moves. It's sort of a win-win, they maximize their loading and cash-flow, and people with smaller loads get stuff relocated for a reasonable cost.

I'll see if I can get that for you, so you can check it out.
Here's the website:

- www.ship.com

The way to works is you indicate your load and also the To-and-From locations, and then movers who subscribe to the site will post you bids for your load as it suits their travel.

There's no cost to check it out.

If you try it, please let me know what you find out.

Last edited by a moderator:

therooster2001

Trip report!

I think I went on the muddiest day of the year.
IMG_8759.jpg

Glen had a good workaround of course.
IMG_8778.jpg
I focused on two frames and pulled a couple of things I might need, brake shoes and I found almost all the frame CTIS air hoses.

The yard still has a lot, just not trucks, which I had last year (see I told you there was a change in the force...)

He has transfer cases
IMG_8752.jpg

TIRES. He still has some really good ones. Someone in a Deuce pulled in to get some G177's.

Some troop seats left. Some ok, and some still hidden by the back fence.
IMG_8757.jpg
IMG_8784.jpg

Tons of axles
IMG_8758.jpg

The frame pile is getting picked over pretty good. He has some NHC250 engines still, no 8.3's. Radiators.

Nothing left of cabs.
IMG_8756.jpg

He has some hoods and a couple of hardtops left. Still has a bunch of beds, even some of the USMC ones. There are a couple of goody piles the yard guys have stashed.
IMG_8764.jpg
IMG_8771.jpg
IMG_8769.jpg

Winches
IMG_8762.jpg

Driveshafts and steering columns
IMG_8766.jpg

Still a couple of good guards and the whole dash
IMG_8767.jpg

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Nope the hard tops and hoods are right inside inside the yard hardtop.jpg which is also where Glen keeps the German shepherds, so always make sure he knows you are going in the yard. The down side is I don't think he ships any of those as they over hang a pallet, but will load you if you come out to get them. The beds are mainly stacked up 5 to 7 high and like I said in the past some of the ISO's have been turned into fencing. You can see them stacked in the back groundbeds.jpg. Thanks to pigpen60 for the pictures

Last edited:

RumRunner742

We were there in September there were still several 939 frames to go through and a half dozen deuce frames with axles and engines. I had a pick up on Ft. Riley last week and I drove by the GP yard and it was empty and the overflow lot only had a few items on it. Riley is pretty much dried up and that was Glen's supply, so I wouldnt expect any "new" trucks. My buddy is going up to his place today, so I'll report back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks