• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BIG Bob Job!!!

tah081

Sooooo Im about to start a very special BOB job and i figurd i would ask for some suggestions... I dont know if i should make mine extended cab or crew cab.. if i do crew cab are the cabs easy to find? and what would they go for roughly? the other thought i had on my mind is whether to use the old drop side stock bed it comes with or to find a new home for it and find a M105 trailer and use it instead...

Im leaning towards using the trailer bed so if anyone is interested in my rust free drop side bed with missile tie downs and fiberglass seats that are in great shape let me know...

Luckily i already have the wheels and tires lined up for a decent price but i am willing to take trades for a M105 and/or cab

here are some pictures that Im going by

Attachments

Riftweaver

I would vote for the chopped stock bed rather than the 105 trailer bed personally. It's more work but in the long run it looks more correct.

The crew cabs were not factory made. Every one you see was made by grafting two standard cabs together. If you decide to go that way, keep in mind you'll have to relocate the rear cab mount on the chassis. I too am on the verge of a bob job on my deuce and I plan to make it as inique as possible in that I'm leaving a bit more length in the chassis to encorporate secure storage space between the cab and bed. Another thought I had was to add a commercial OTR sleeper for the storage and sleep space. I'm also planning to use the M105 bed and springs. If you decide to sell your drop-side bed, I've seen them go for $1200 in good condition. Let us know what you decide and keep us informed how it goes! What's your plan for the rear suspension?
:driver:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Pic #4, 5, 7 look really nice, a lot better than the other SPAYED trucks, When Miz BOBBIT did the CUT job on Mr, BOBBIT, that BOBBING was a SPAYING in the works just like the cutting of a MV.

3dAngus

You need to figure out what the application is.

If you want to go 4 wheeling and use it like a tough mans truck out in the woods and mud, don't extend the cab. Keep it as short as possible, and go with a winch.

If you want to cruise the boulevard and "look cool", extend the cab and go without the winch.

And then, if you want it for advertising, or just to look stupid, paint it yellow.

Ridgerunner

If you were only closer. I picked up some extra Deuce parts for my truck, but I had to purchase everything in the one lot, which included some un-finshed project pieces. One is an extended cab, (not a quad cab) with most of the work done. I know I'll never need it, and it'll just end up taking up space in the barn.

tah081

RR what other parts do you have? oh and sorry for the crude photoshop of your truck :shock:
it was a good visual aid to show exactly what i want to do

I do realise that ill have to some major modifications and i know they never came in a crew cab lol thats why i was looking to find another cab to graft to the back of mine

Yes my fender is pretty f...ed up so if any one in my area knows anyone with a parts truck or an extra fender layin around let me know

gimpy! i still need to make this thing run right ive just been so dang busy.... i really think it is just a blown head gasket or who knows maybe i threw a rod or somethin... has good oil pressure tho... i had a huge pop and died but a couple weeks later i decided to try starting it and it came back to like... i dare say it sounds like it has a faint knock tho which worries me... i guess i need to order a gasket set and break it open... this should prolly be the first thing on the list to do lol but i cant help but to think about its future... not to mention i cant help but to look at those freakin mk-48s on GL!!!!auaauaaua any info would be appreciated

PM me if you are interested in the dropside bed!

Ridgerunner

RR what other parts do you have?
I have two extra parts trucks here on the farmstead. I have them for parts to keep my Deuce on the road, and to sell stuff off them once in a while to keep the hobby money flowing. But I picked up the other parts and stuff, because......it never hurts to have extra parts. If someone is selling parts for an M35, and the price is right, I don't mind bringing them home.

Some of the stuff was just stock basic parts, fenders, lights, grills, ether start set up, gauges. Just things like that. The other project stuff that was included was a cab that is stretched seven inches, and six custom 2-piece wheels. The cab was stretched to give the driver and interior some extra room, but not alter, and completely change the looks of the truck. The wheels are 13" wide, and made out of two stock Deuce wheels to make one wide wheel. He said he had sunk quite a bit of cash in getting the machining done on the wheels. One wheel is machined on the o.d. and the other half is machined on the i.d. and slide into each other.

Last edited: