• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big BOOM!!! LOL, check your battery cables

Massm35a2

Got my deuce fixed after it sat broken down in ME all winter. The hydraulic head went south. Just got home. 320 miles

I stopped to get fuel in Augusta ME and I was at the pumps right after fueling. I hit the starter button and I heard the battery cable spark then BOOOOOOOM! The top of the battery blew apart. The terminal melted down. I knew that that cable was a little loose and I planned on tightening it.

Everyone was staring at me. LOL The battery still works, Thank God and it got me home.

I am sooo glad to be home

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I was greeted by the battery blues. The M108 hadn't been run in a couple of weeks so I went to start it. Was going to move it to cut the grass. Turned the power switch on to be greeted by a lower pitched low air buzzer and a low volt gauge. Hit the start and click. Dang! Went out to open the battery door and was greeted by the front battery posts covered with corrosion. Hit that with a wire brush and took a VM to it to find that battery was at 10.8 volts. No worries, I'll pull the battery and charge it. Loosened both terminals but couldn't get either of them off. They were apparently loose and fused themselves to the battery stud. I carefully pried the clamps apart to free them then took the battery to charge. Cleaned up the posts and filed them back into shape. Went on a 30 minute search of the premise to find the new clamps I knew I had. Figured while I was at it, I may as well install the slave port that this truck never had. Got everything cleaned up and installed and realized I have a bad end on the slave cable adapter. Oh well, that will wait for another day. Got the batts in and hooked up and she fired right up. Dang, those loose connections will get you every time.