• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big Hoss With first LOAD

hardtime

Greetings to all,
I just finished my tour in Iraq and couldn't wait to get to work the old green iron. The first load was a huge maple. The second was an even bigger Cherry with some more maple on top. I had a blast working with such an awesome truck! My wife and I loaded/unloaded the first load by hand. The second load was loaded with a small loader that almost tipped over with the first piece of Cherry. It was almost 4ft in dia. and 9 ft long, when the opperator swung over to load it he almost lost it. It took the better part of the day unloading the second after Pop and I bucked up the massive pieces. Big Hoss hauled the loads just like a true GRUNT...heavy and strong with tons o'GRIT.
Enjoy!

Attachments

gunner01

Great pics... and one **** of a long truck probably need 80 acres to turn her around. Also thanks for your loyal service and welcome home. Glad you made it safe.

broman78

what saw are your running in picture #2, it looks like a 038 but could be a 260 pro. What does your chainsaw game look like? I currently have a 660, 290, and mac 10-10a. I just need a 460 and 200t and I'm good.

hardtime

Hey All, Thanks for the warm welcome. Its guys like you that make it all worthwhile!
MyothersanM1- the troopseats were on BigHoss when I bought him, 3 are the newer fiberglass ones and 1 is old wood kind. Not sure what they came off but they dont really work as seats...legs are too long so when unfolded the bench is at an angle. When the excavator opp. loaded the massive trunk of cherry and almost tipped his machine over the claw hit the top rail, so now I have to repair the steel upright...so much for free wood. lol
Broman78- our saw game consists of a new Stihl 441 MAG. a 1979 290 FarmBoss and a poulan. My big 441 is in Oregon so I knocked down the dogs on the 290, tuned up the chisels real good and that 31 year old FarmBoss sliced that massive hardwood like a wild pig. Pop ran the small poulan on the branch wood and I hit up the big stuff. When we were done there was a small pick up truck load of sawdust in the bed.:D