• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big Rock Moving thru SoCal

rlwm211

You know, on reflection, it would have been a lot easier to build the display

where the rock was and

not where the museum is......

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ten million bucks! Holy crap! They could have made a likeness out of paper mache and no one would know. The winner here is Emmert International, not the museum or the arts!

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its called slave labor!!!! When you have a unlimited supply of slave labor anything can be done!! Look at the Nazis, Russians, Romans etc!!!
Actually, the pyramids were not built by slaves. They were employed by the government (Pharroh) and worked and lived at the building site. Been a long standing myth that it was slave labor.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter

where the rock was and

Agreed, would be simpler and cheaper to just build a museum annex where the rock was, but it was in Riverside County and I doubt LA County wants to pay to build a museum there.

And no one in LA County wants to drive to Riverside to see a rock.

mcmullag

barrels of oil

How many gallons of fuel were burned and how big the carbon footprint, to move a rock from here to there? Funny how tree huggers and folks of a certain ilk ignore certain things when they want something but if some museum or outfit in Kansas or Georgia or Kentucky, etc. did something like this, NBC news and others would be asking these questions. :smile:

Truckoholic

What was the truck at the very front?

Pretty sure that one in the front was an older Kenworth C500. They are Kenworth's biggest heavy haul trucks. I'd never seen one quite like that one though with such big tires! But here are a few. They come in all different configurations including twin steer axles and things.

963KW.jpg

77845769.jpg

2993613989_1_3_sNA45NMW.jpg

C5002010Calender.jpg

kenworth.jpg

I've always loved these big beasts! I love the M911 too.

I know, to those of us who don't have a lot of money, it doesn't make much sense why someone would spend so much to move a stupid rock when there are much better things to spend money on. But that's what America is all about. Being free to do things like that. I say more power to them. It gave us something to watch and talk about didn't it? Why not just be happy seeing people doing something cool. I mean probably 90 percent of your guys neighbors spend countless hours wondering why you spend so much money on these stupid old military vehicles. But it's your right to, and you don't have to answer to them. These people moving this big rock, don't need to answer to you.

rlwm211

As I watched the video, I think the "OVERSIZED LOAD" sign on a couple of the trucks adds a nice touch. As if the boulder itself is not enough of a warning already

Barneyszoo

where the rock was and

That would be true, only prob is that the place the rock came from is the Stringfellow acid pits one of the countrys top 10 hot spots for Fed clean up.
I saw the steam gen that was moveing from San Onofre to Idaho. it came through Riverside, This rock was WAY bigger.

wiggall

The Oshkosh truck was up here last Spring helping move four big loads from Lewiston, Idaho to Montana! My wife and I went down and looked at it, got to talk to the driver, and got to look inside it! WHAT A TRUCK!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks