• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big, Scary Truck

D6T

Not sure what this has to do with the FMTV family, but...

In Massachusetts at least, where I was an officer, a LEO with the proper training could revoke a vehicle’s inspection on the spot and request a tow for a vehicle that didn’t meet standards.

In all of my years and with all of the company I kept of patrol officers who loved motor vehicle law enforcement, I only witnessed it being done once. The vehicle was a small car that was a low rider plus had some weird modification that I had never seen before nor since. It appeared the owner had purposefully chosen to alter the caster and/or camber of the wheels so the edges of the tires hardly touched the ground. Truly the opposite of what I was taught, where your contact with the ground can also be thought of as the amount of stopping grip your brakes have on the ground to stop the vehicle and save lives.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And one of the capitals of the “defund the police” movement-copy the Portland PD on their post. God I hope they went there and wrote this idiot some kind of something-anything.

As far as what does it have to do with us?-these “useful idiots” live amongst us. You think this can’t happen to our trucks……

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't see what is wrong with it .

I was thinking the same thing- and I live just outside of Portland.

The OR DMV is almost a bipolar place. I registered a stage rally car (1979 RX-7 with a bridgeported 13B wearing a 48mm twin choke Weber and a 4" cat-free exhaust)- no problems, in and out in minutes. I went to register the 1088 and it was come back with a form-this and signature-that, followed by a letter several months later that the signature I obtained was not an allowed signatory (despite the person's name being ON THE LIST THE DMV PROVIDED) so I had to do it all again or my registration would be revoked.

Portlandia does hit a little too close to home...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks