• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big thanks

pl1338

Thanks to everyone in the CUCV alternator problems and solution sticky. I didn't realize it was a sticky until after I posted in it. (stupid)

Anyhow, I asked if someone would post a couple detailed pics of the wiring setup on the 09 alternators. I forget who it was, already thanked on the thread, but thanks again, it turned out that I had it wired proper the first time, but the positive lead had touched the housing, causing a short... That gen 2 light is off upon starting, the gen 1 light goes off with a little revving, probably a little loose on the belt. The positive post is loose on the gen 2, so I may rebuild it, after I run some diagnostics on it. The truck has been setting for 11 months with no alternators on it, see my post from August of '12. Don't you know that beast fired right up! I am having some issues with it shutting down upon turning off the switch, but the pink wire in top of the injection pump did immediately shut it off, so I may just put an auxiliary switch for emergency shut offs on that wire. I am going to replace the vacuum lines also, it looks like I have a lot to do as far as getting it trouble free. I have had it two years, with no repairs so far, and nothing added. I have a 95 6.5L TD coming in a couple weeks, so then I'll have 2 diesels running. All I know is I love this truck, and the wife even came outside and had to sit in it while it was running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks