• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big tires

JungleBiker

Hey, that raises a question I've been wondering about--how exactly are you supposed to change a flat tire on one of these anyway? Is there some sort of crane that is supposed to attach to the spare tire carrier? I really don't know what I would do if I had to change one out in the boonies. There's got to be a way to do it, though.

Last edited:

Hammer

CHANGE the tire? Not likely.
Just do like the military does, and drive them back to a safe location to change them.
I you damage the tire enough where you can't drive on it, you have totally ruined the tire anyways.

If it is a smaller flat, then you have your own air supply. You can fill, refill, and refill again. Just means driving and stopping a lot.
And tire plugs work well, even for big sidewall gashes.
That being said, you have to TRY to gut one of these big and THICK tires.

JungleBiker

Good to know! Looks like I will have to come up with some sort of a plan for those long trips into the bush, though. I'd hate to be gone on a week long trip, have a flat halfway through and then have to drive the next couple of days like that. I suppose I could build my own simple crane just for lowering and lifting the spare out of the bed. If I do it, I'll be sure to post pics.

SuperJoe

i dont know the credibility of a fix like this on a big tire but i keep a tube of super glue in the tool box for gashes on the off road truck tires. let all the air out and glue it back together and then fill it up after it dries. worked for me in a pinch at the beginning of camping and i forgot about it. 3 years later when i changed tires it was still holding air. it was supposed to be just till i got back to town. guess there was to many beers on that camping adventure

DMgunn

Love it! I've been wondering what one would look like with the bed spaced back for the spare, and a super short WB.....that answers it. Got any better pics?