• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big Ugly won't start - batteries I think

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
emmado22 said:
Check and add distilled water (NOT tap water), charge the batts, and see if you can bring them to a Sears Auto Center or elsewhere where they have a specialized car battery tester that can give you more than a voltage..
You could buy a battery tester at Harbor Freight that puts load on the battery.

I keep mine handy for all the tractors (farm) we have.

BTW If you do this please follow the directions on the tester......only connect it for the max time allowed or less.

Or have a fire extinguisher handy. ;-)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps it's the trucks name. If I were the truck I'd be more inclined to work for you if I were called Brutus or something of the like.

AJMBLAZER

Oh yeah, threw the batteries in on Tuesday night and finally fired it up and moved it (10 feet but hey, it counts!).

I don't think this thing has EVER started that fast or readily. Screw chuggachugga...it was more like VAVAVAROOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMRAAAAAATTTTTTLE! :) :lol: 8) [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks