• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bigger driver in a Deuce

IWINEZ

So I imagine that the deuce was designed for the standard soldier of 5'7 and 150lbs? How do larger guys fit in the driver's seat? Could you reply back with your height and weight(ballpark on the weight for you sensitive boys) Also does the A3 offer anymore room?
Thanks!

wsucougarx

I'm not too big but I've noticed the box seat (not the spring seat) gives you more room. In fact, I like my '68 b/c of the box seat. Dare I say it...I think a box seat is more comfortable:cool:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
6 foot, 245 lbs, I have no problem and I have the cushier HEMTT seats.

Who I wonder fits in a deuce is Stretch - he's 6 foot 10 inches and weighs 85 pounds soaking wet. Looking out the window all he must see is wiper motor. It's a wonder he hasn't cut a hole in the soft top and drove it like a freakin' cartoon character.

mckeeranger

I'm not too big but I've noticed the box seat (not the spring seat) gives you more room. In fact, I like my '68 b/c of the box seat. Dare I say it...I think a box seat is more comfortable:cool:
Actually, I agree.

I have my springer cranked as tight as it will go, so it has very little movement. I've found when I hit a really hard bump and the springer bottoms out, it gives my lower back a pretty hard jolt.

I'm thinking about replacing it with a box seat. Less lower back pain, and more storage.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
6 foot, 245 lbs, I have no problem and I have the cushier HEMTT seats.

Who I wonder fits in a deuce is Stretch - he's 6 foot 10 inches and weighs 85 pounds soaking wet. Looking out the window all he must see is wiper motor. It's a wonder he hasn't cut a hole in the soft top and drove it like a freakin' cartoon character.
I'm 6', 150 pounds, have my spring seat turned as soft as it will go. . . and still I look at the wiper motor:-|
How do you guys light weight get the seat low enough to see out to the horizon?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow.. I may just be the lightest SS guy here! 5'10" 135lbs after a good meal. I can fit alright but my knees and elbows get banged up more often than not.

Last edited:

davidkroberts

5'6" on a good day and 184 lbs...... i also can ride coach on planes without issues. short people designed everything around you just to pi** you off...... thought ya'll should know.

:p

AceHigh

You mentioned the A3. Two big plusses for big guys there. First the steering wheel is a few inches smaller and second the seat is adjustable for the drivers weight. So, if you lie to the seat and tell it you weigh less than you do, it drops down farther.