• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Biggest tires on an M1028 with stock height

NMerenda

I did the best i could to find an answer on this, but a lot of different numbers were thrown around with no real answer. My goal is to fit the biggest possible tires, on the stock CUCV rims, without lifting the truck, or cutting up the fenders. Let me know...

- Nick

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The key to getting a 33" tire on is skinny rims. If you're going to put a 33" tire on an 8" rim, expect some kissing at the rear of the front fenders. Some little nips can help but I'd rather not hack fenders.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found this pic on the web a while back whilst searching for the 255 tires. I had them on a K30 dually back in the 80s. The fit without lift or fender nipping.

Attachments

sparragh

I am in the market for tires also, can anyone help me with what would fit my Deuce without any rubbing or modifications? I am assuming that power loss would be minimal. I have 1200.20 XML's on right now, mounted on Canadian super single rims, but they pretty much have had the biscuit.

On another note, I am doing a restoration on this truck and would like to start a play by play thread of the efforts my wife and I are putting into this project, but it seems for some reason that I am not allowed to start any new threads. Why is this?, I've been a good little solider on this site.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BFG Mud terrains but the 80s pattern which resembled Gumbo mudder design. Getting ready to order a set for me ambulance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks