• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bigler boyz bobbed deuce

DUECE-COUPE

I get 14 MPG. People can't believe it!!!! After the truck goes on a diet and loses all the weight of the bed, the walking beam ,4 ft of frame, and 6 tires, the draw on the engine is much lower. I roll down the road at 60 MPH and have a blast.

tiny

What can you do to add more room between the steering wheel and the back of the seat? In other words there is not enough room to get my fat ass / belly in between the 2?
This is on any deuce not just a bobbed one.

Tiny

asgtoolman

Bobbing a deuce has no effect on cab size.
I have seen pictures of "extended" cabs, but it would have to be a bit of a pain and mean a custom top also.
Adding air-assist steering and going to the smaller 5 ton steering wheel would help a little.

biglerboyz

Tiny, we can build extended cabs as well as crew cabs. These do take quite a bit of additional labor. For a crew cab or an extended cab we have to fabricate a new roof as well as modify the cab. For a crew cab, we use two original cabs and modify them into a crew cab.

wolf539

What can you do to add more room between the steering wheel and the back of the seat? In other words there is not enough room to get my fat ass / belly in between the 2?
I'm looking at the pictures on the Bigler website; the cab doesn't look that tight. I'm a pretty big guy too, but it looks like there would be enough room.

I would love to hear from any bigger guys out there that have driven one of these!

biglerboyz

Here are some pictures of the truck we currently have on Ebay. Be sure to look it up, there is over 150 pictures in the ebay listing. Truck goes off of Ebay on 1/8/2011 at approx. 8:15 PM.

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am normally not one for the look of a bobbed Deuce BUT I have to admit this one of the nicest I have seen very good work and this is a bobber to be proud of!
KK

Ridgerunner

You do very nice work, a true craftsman with an old MV. I'd be proud to drive that one anywhere.

It doesn't look like you take any short cuts in your work, to just sell a truck for a quick profit <example:> you actually take the time to flip the rear hubs, so the rear tires track properly with the fronts, instead of just bolting the rear wheels on backwards with an outrageous offset. Also you didn't hack-and-stack a M105 trailer frame, under the truck for the needed lift.

To me, things like this make your truck a notch above the rest. Good job:beer:

asgtoolman

Here are a few pictures of one of our recent builds while it was in the paint booth for initial painting.

WOW--What professionals--a true repaint in a true paint booth!! Not just some rattle cans in the driveway or the back 40. Will be looking at more of your work. Hope bidders appreciate the quality of your work and realize the value!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW--What professionals--a true repaint in a true paint booth!! Not just some rattle cans in the driveway or the back 40. Will be looking at more of your work. Hope bidders appreciate the quality of your work and realize the value!!

From their website, they appear to be a professional business. If that is the case, please do not use the forums to sell your vehicles.

We are interested in what you build, just keep the postings non-business.

It's a fine line.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks