• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bigmike saves an M818

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it looks like i'm steppin' up to 5 tons now. I saved this M818 from being parted out.

Tires are shot, plenty of leaks, no brakes...all minor issues:wink:

It's history is pretty good. Bought from Travis AFB DRMO. Odometer reads 22K and by the looks of the interior, body and it being a AFB truck, it may be correct. I'll be doing some work to get her road worthy than I'll bring her home.:p

Attachments

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
brakes and new shoes

I replaced the master cylinder, thanks Antelope Valley truck parts for the M/C.

Today I put the 14 x 20s on her. That was fun :p

I broke one tire wrench...luckily I had a spare:lol:

I'm loving the new shoes. I fired her up the other day. She roared to life after sitting 6 years. very nice!

Next step is batteries, top off axle, tranny and transfer case fluids and she is ready to come home.

Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

Last edited:

Armada

Looking great Mike! Like the new shoes! That is a clean and solid looking truck.
Something caught my eye though. The porch looks longer than normal. It appears the ramps have been removed and the 5th wheel moved back? Wonder what was towed?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a great truck Mike! First time I have seen this thread. You gonna keep it 3 color?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking great Mike! Like the new shoes! That is a clean and solid looking truck.
Something caught my eye though. The porch looks longer than normal. It appears the ramps have been removed and the 5th wheel moved back? Wonder what was towed?
the previous owner did move the 5th back. He pulled a side dump trailer and needed to set it back.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a great truck Mike! First time I have seen this thread. You gonna keep it 3 color?
Hey bro,

it's not 3 color. It's semi gloss inside the cab and possibly 383 outside. I'm not sure yet but I'm leaning towards semi gloss and a yellow nose. Maybe 3 color woodland...or desert...

****, I don't knowrofl

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Mike welcome to the 5 tons of fun club. I vote with the Gimp on 24087. Mine is going back to 24087 if it ever stops snowing and warms up. Please start an album on site of your redo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks