• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bill of Sale/ SF97

ChemicalSFC

I was the high bidder on a M1101 trailer. My local DMV office in Alabama tells me I only need a bill of sale to get a tag for a "utility trailer". Does this mean I need a SF97 or will the paid invoice be okay? If the paid invoice will be okay, does it include the VIN? Sorry for sounding like such a noob, but this is my first experience with purchasing military "stuff".

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes to both. The invoice should work for the bill of sale and a description of the item with the serial number or vin will be on the invoice. I have used the invoices for several trailers I bought out of Ohio to title them here in Indiana.

Last edited:

ChemicalSFC

Thanks for the responses. I am new to this and want to get everything right the first time. It looks like I will be making a trip to Ft. Campbell soon to retrieve my new trailer.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you have your up to date registration and proof of insurance card. You will have to register your vehicle at the visitor center to get on base. They will also do an NCIC background check on you before they issue a pass.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Larry is the rep there, but also takes care of sevetal other sites and might not be there. He does have an assistant named Regan who works there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks