• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bilstein Shocks for Lifted M1009

dao

I will soon be getting a 4" lift on my M1009 and have a question. When 0RD gave me a quote, they listed Bilstein F3 0RD SD shocks for the fronts / 5125's for the rears. I get the 5125's but what are the Bilstein F3 0RDs?

dao

Hmmmm. How sure are you on that? I'm not too sure. In the quote, he listed the rears with standard Bilstein part numbers. (5125s) 33-185569. The fronts were listed as Bilstein F3 0RD SD. I'll ask him today or tomorrow...whenever I get the time. I work about the same hours as he does probably and can't really call from work. If you're 100% sure, what would the standard Bilstein part numbers be?

Ilikemtb999

If you look on their website that is the part number given for that application. I’m going to venture a guess that they suggest using a different application for square bodies than bilstein suggests hence an ORD part number vs a bilstein part number. If they listed say a dodge or ford bilstein part number people would question it.

dao

Ilikemtb999,

Wow, thanks for the positive thoughts. Nope, I'm planning to get it all from Chris. It was just curiosity. If someone has a good engineered solution for me, provides me a quote and I choose to use that solution, then they have earned my business. Asking them if they can price match or budge on price is another matter and part of the bargaining process. Both of my parents owned businesses and I worked at both so I respect smaller shops as compared to huge parts houses. One of the huge problems in our country today is the loss of so many mom and pop stores. People always seek the cheapest solution, so many purchases leave the local community and go into the hands of the filthy rich...Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, etc. Were not talking strictly apples to apples but you get my point.

Last edited:

Chaski

Not a wild guess from me.
The ORD F3 is the longer shock they sell to only use with the extended Ford F250 shock mounts, not the stock mounts. You can get quite a bit of travel with it... So much so that in my experience you can bind the pitman end ball joint on your draglink if you don't have crossover steering.
IMG_3398.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks