• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bimini Jeep Style Top

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know that's not likely his objective, but it would be a much easier avenue to grow the company. He clearly has a market if he's swamped.
WW is retired and can't keep up with the business he has. I've spoken with him more than once and my assessment is he doesn't want or need a website and he doesn't want to grow, just serve fellow owners with his lifetime skills. He is having fun, and keeping busy serving an enthusiastic niche of special vehicle owners like him. Not everyone wants the kind of burden you describe.
BDGR

SmartDrug

WW is retired and can't keep up with the business he has. I've spoken with him more than once and my assessment is he doesn't want or need a website and he doesn't want to grow, just serve fellow owners with his lifetime skills. He is having fun, and keeping busy serving an enthusiastic niche of special vehicle owners like him. Not everyone wants the kind of burden you describe.
BDGR
“I know that's not likely his objective”

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BDGR
OK, I apologize:(, lazy was the wrong term in this case, I still find trying to navigate a FB business to see what the heck they actually offer a PITA

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I apologize:(, lazy was the wrong term in this case, I still find trying to navigate a FB business to see what the heck they actually offer a PITA
It's easier than you think Mogman... he posts his cell phone # in the threads. He prefers you call and chat. Good old fashioned human interaction! Call him, he's a good guy.
There is a sticky thread he wakes up periodically, but it's simple, for HMMWVs he does tops, door skins and rear curtains in milspec vinyl or civilian convertible top sailcloth (including Haartz stayfast if you have money to burn). (He also does Growler door skins and tops, and is thinking about doing HMMWV cargo covers.)

Here's the "what I got" thread for you: https://www.facebook.com/groups/967096063720957/permalink/1646469789116911/

PM and send deposit to get on his build list, there is a wait!

BDGR

Reactions: 98G

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We remember the mid 90s when websites were still coming online, and many were unsure it was going to catch on. I remember even into the early 2000s there were several firearms parts/accessories dealers (among others) that refused to embrace it at all. If they even had a website it was used only as a place to put their phone number and address so you could print out their order form and (gasp) mail the form to them with a (another gasp) check.

Remember the JC Whitney catalogs? A fella could kill a lot of time thumbing through one of those.
Remember Shotgun News? Huge publication of firearms articles and (its real purpose) listings of firearms and parts/accessories.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We remember the mid 90s when websites were still coming online, and many were unsure it was going to catch on. I remember even into the early 2000s there were several firearms parts/accessories dealers (among others) that refused to embrace it at all. If they even had a website it was used only as a place to put their phone number and address so you could print out their order form and (gasp) mail the form to them with a (another gasp) check.

Remember the JC Whitney catalogs? A fella could kill a lot of time thumbing through one of those.
Remember Shotgun News? Huge publication of firearms articles and (its real purpose) listings of firearms and parts/accessories.
Yes Sir! I remember the JC Whitney catalogs.
Yep, there was magic in that and the Shotgun News!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter

That and the Allied electronics, Heathkit and many others..

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
It's easier than you think Mogman... he posts his cell phone # in the threads. He prefers you call and chat. Good old fashioned human interaction! Call him, he's a good guy.
There is a sticky thread he wakes up periodically, but it's simple, for HMMWVs he does tops, door skins and rear curtains in milspec vinyl or civilian convertible top sailcloth (including Haartz stayfast if you have money to burn). (He also does Growler door skins and tops, and is thinking about doing HMMWV cargo covers.)

Here's the "what I got" thread for you: https://www.facebook.com/groups/967096063720957/permalink/1646469789116911/

PM and send deposit to get on his build list, there is a wait!

BDGR
We call that " Oil and Adjust" or "Tune and Tweek" the customer.

Real time interaction, CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks