• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bingo!

dabtl

Earlier today I was posting my frustration on getting the M35a2 started. FreightTrain suggested using a hammer to 'tap' the starter while cranking. Bingo!

Started like a champ. David is out riding around showing off once again. :D

Thanks for the tip guys.

Oh, and I mentioned this BFH solution to a Judge earlier, he grinned and said they did it all the time in his former job with the fire services. Seems firemen know some of the tricks also.

dabtl

David was shocked! Well, so was I. The motor kicked in like it was new.

I suppose at some point the starter will have to be replaced. But, not for a while it appears.

FreightTrain

Banned
or you could drill a hole in a hammer handle and bolt it to a bracket.Drill another hole just below the head and attach a cable to it.Just pull and release the cable if it fails to kick over.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Old mechanic's trick, used it myself a few times on an old Blazer. The starter solenoid was bad and had to be replaced. The hammer thing didn't go over to well with my wife. :)

dabtl

I have started it a half dozen times last evening just to make sure it is working.

At least we are now ready, I think, for the Fourth of July Parade.

alphadeltaromeo

Another option if the hammer trick doesnt work is to see if you can role the truck slightly. I've found that when I had a problem in my automatic toyota truck, if I shifted out of park, let it role slightly, that was enough for the started to have some movement and it would fire right up. I prefer that to the hammer trick, as it's worked more for me than the hammer. But then again, that was my experience.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks