• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Black Deuce??

dentman

nOOb here, i wonder if anyone has or if the military ever used black to paint the Deuces. I grew up in the midwest, my step dad is a Gen. in the army and we used to play in the motorpool every saturday. I recall some black vehicles but i cant remember what they were. thanks all

gunboy1656

Welcome from western PA, I am not too far north of you.

As for painting one black i have not personally seen one, but the movie "Daylight" had 3 (I think) blacke deuces in it. So someone had to do it.

GoHot229

Black is kind of cool if you care for that kind of thing. If were going for a non-OD color, I don't think my choice would be black. It's hard to say what would actually look 'GOOD' though. Gloss colors just don't seem to flow with a tactical type truck Red or white look tacky, red on a firetruck will pass....White on a water truck is ok.... Mabe an AG motiff would work, say John Deere colors mabe Massey colors, red & grey? Tan with black accents is probably as close to anything passable look wise.

emr

YES!!!!! A Texas unit in the sixties had a couple of deuces and a couple of M151,s painted full gloss black and all the Stars and trimings in white, worth looking up, The fellow i talked to about this , His name is somewhere in my notes from years at Aberdeen past, He is/was a president of a Museum in texas, and It was His unit, They were all gussyed up to impress the big wheels that would fly in and be met be this awesome display of fine vehicles all pretty, I can not back it up right now , But He said He always hoped to do a vehicle or two in this units scheme, Now this was just the few vehicles that were kept in the hanger,or something, So this is a good post and worth looking into, he definitly said a Texas unit, And He was at an Aberdeen show, Maybe He may be found ? Hope so, would be awesome to see someone do a truck up all correct in such a scheme......good luck, I will look for his info , but it was about 6 years ago...

jatonka

Yankee Deuce is at Aberdeen right now, check his truck out, there are very few any better looking, and he made a 385 mile trip one way with no unusual events at all. The peoplem who make the trip happen are either lucky, or in my opinion, the real men, cause they make their truck run right. JT out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks