• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Black Diesel and other alliterative fuels in my 6.2?

chevyCUCV

I stopped running WMO due to coked injectors, didnt want to mess up my new ones i replaced.

Plan on going to marine nozzles with 3000psi pop pressure to get a better spray pattern of oil.
Never had any issues beside the coking, which leads to lots of white smoke(unburnt fuel), i bet it could melt a hole in a piston if run for long enough with the clogged tips.

doskiez

I am glad to know Hydraulic oil runs good. That will help me recoup a little cost after spending 200 bucks changing the hydro oil in my tractor.

dependable

This is interesting, I sometimes have fairly clean 10w hydraulic oil out of machine maintenance. If and when folks who have put WMO or other products have their 6.2 IPs fail, hope they will let us know on this thread. Have been running old 6.2s for a while and have had to replace a few IPs just due to old age. I try not to do anything to accelerate their failure. Have had no problems with B-20, but that is as far as I have gone so far.

camp9

One big thing thing I've noticed right off the bat was no more smoke and was able to run 100% wmo once the oil in the tank was hot (i have pex pipe coiled up in the tank to heat the wmo that's hooked up to the heater line) I don't have any pics, but there fatty wagons. I think their web site is Fattywagons home or goggle fattywagon and that will take you to it. Got mine off ebay. I've been reluctant to try it on a 6.2 being most attempts to run wmo/wvo haven't been to successful.

PAm1009

Its really good for IP seals and pump makes the 6.2 run a little more smoother ive been using it for about 2 years now. Its more of a additive than a fuel substitute i put in a QT when i fill up just make sure its marine grade TC-W3 and not the regular 2 stoke oil.

chevyCUCV

One big thing thing I've noticed right off the bat was no more smoke and was able to run 100% wmo once the oil in the tank was hot (i have pex pipe coiled up in the tank to heat the wmo that's hooked up to the heater line) I don't have any pics, but there fatty wagons. I think their web site is Fattywagons home or goggle fattywagon and that will take you to it. Got mine off ebay. I've been reluctant to try it on a 6.2 being most attempts to run wmo/wvo haven't been to successful.
Dual tanks system?

I think there is a good chance of the 6.2 running alt fuels. High compression+idi Ricardo style pre cups are all a good base.I think the biggest problem(or mine) is the carbon.
Over on dieselplace there are a few people working on running 100%wmo. Best idea i have seen yet is to modifiy the injector tips.
I am working to grind down the tip of a injector to the nozzle. This eliminates the cup and spacer where carbon like to stick. I need to get a pop tester and start spraying fuels to see how oil sprays through injectors. My second hand information is that low pop pressure is not good with oil.

No matter what, i think a dual tank system will always be a good idea. For idling/start up and around town i think that diesel is better. Once under way at speed/egts the oil burns much better.

And please remember everything i have said is just what i have learned so far. It might not be right, but it is what knowledge i have gained to this point. Still have a ways to go.

Kalashnikov

Is this a 7.3 Powerstroke? I run my idi on 100% with no issues except in the winter months I go back to diesel starts and shuts.

Kameroner

Well mixing these together for your vehicle can work but needs some steps to be considered. black diesel can be mixed together with other oils to work as well as save money. add one part of both through the filters and then use..I generally use this process and my vehicle work well with this experiment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks