• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Black Dog Customs Hardtop

cruzinz28

I wanted to reach out here and see if anyone has purchased and installed the hardtop offered by Black Dog Customs as seen below? If you have purchased and installed one I would love to see pictures you have, information on how the installation went, opinion on the quality of the top, its fit. etc. I have contacted them directly about their top, but wanted to get other opinions on them if they are out there.

25594000_552982625043066_1217605223554065942_n.jpgimage_6483441(6).jpg13442583_287096921631639_5666907155711288474_o.jpg

Dock Rocker

I can not help with the actual knowledge of that too but I can speak to Michael and Black Dog. They are good honest folks that do a good job. I have always been impressed with their service and the quality of their products. I have always had great dealings with them and their products are all top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cruzinz28

I agree, Michael has been great to deal with. My trip will take me from Maryland to Georgia to pick a top up and with any major purchase I like to do as much research as I can. Thank you for the information Doc Rocker

cruzinz28

These tops are actually fiberglass. You may be able to add a rain gutter using the 4 bolts on each side. from the pictures I have seen it appears that the sides should just shed water past the top of the x-doors

Awol

I really like the way that top looks! The back wall looks great completely vertical, instead of being on a slope. The local National Guard base has Humvees that looks like this one, except armored.

norcalautomotive

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Cruzinz28.... i have been looking for one of these style roofs just like you for ages now. How much are the blackdog customs fiberglass roofs??? Would love any info you have on them. Going to try and contact them direct also. Thanks man!

whites14

i went to his shop to see them in person they are very good looking and well made tops custom b and c pillars very good fitment. so i preordered one of his slant back tops should be getting it soon.

whites14

his preorder price was 5800 i think i got other stuff from him while i was there to door skins and new glass. hes a great guy to get stuff from he ships very fast

NormB

I agree, Michael has been great to deal with. My trip will take me from Maryland to Georgia to pick a top up and with any major purchase I like to do as much research as I can. Thank you for the information Doc Rocker
Their website isn't open yet.

Been through about all of their posts on fakebook.

How much for the basic TOP, and does it require using their B and C pillars?

Thanks.

Norm

whites14

i cant remember how much the basic top is but it was cheaper then the slant back one and the top comes with their b and c pillars. btw their pillars look alot better and stronger then the factory c pillar

cruzinz28

Retiredwarhorses
- did you order the top and install it for your customer or did you start working on the truck with the top already on? Just wanted to know if the install was pretty straight forward.

JoeJrTheBarber

image_6483441(6).jpg
Off topic question I know but would anyone know what paint brand / code / color the above would be ? Looking to paint my Humvee and the above is the perfect look/color/finish I am going for.

Dock Rocker

You can’t go wrong with Rapco 383 green.

Look up black dog custom on Facebook. If you message them Michael will get back to you. He is a great guy.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At RWH we use 34094 CARC GREEN.
The Top was relatively easy to install....after a few phone calls. There were no instructions provided.
But I know mike and he walked me through a few spot and sent me pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks