• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

black out lights and injector pump questions

Cucvnut

SO my black out lights work but the light in the grill the bulb housing got full of water and rusted out. does anyone have a new housing to hold the bulb ? one final question how does the system work can you see at night with it ? do the lights in the bumper light up enough to see the road ? I cant drive my truck on the street yet due to no title and fs97 in the works.

So for my injector pump does it have a stamp on it to tell you how old it is? Mine looks brand new on my truck where is the tuning screw on it that everyone talks about?

Thanks

Matthew

Westech

CPL
If it is pitch black out ( no moon or any other lights) you can see with the black out drive light. You can drive around 10 MPH and thats about max before you over drive the light. The light in the bumpers are for telling distance from your truck. Search Black out lights and you will find out how they work)
As of the turning up the pump most people say to leave it alone on the 6.2, if you do want to mess with it it has been covered at least 4 times by me and 100 by other members. Use the search function and you will get pictures and step by step instructions on how to adjust the fuel and timing.

niferous

When I was in the Army we used black out lights during night operations. I was in an armored unit (4/112 Armor) and drove an M998 HMMWV and a M557 Tracked Command Vehicle. On both vehicles we used our regular driving lights during the day and at night while driving on the hard ball (road). As soon as we turned off pavement though and onto out range (big shooting range for tanks) we would turn off our regular headlights and only run the black out lights. I would say 10 mph is the very upper limit. We usualyl just idled around at 5 mph with out foot on the break.

The purpost of them is so that military personal can still drive their vehicles in black out conditions. The cover on the front light makes it so planes can't see you light from above. Contrary to popular belief not everyone in a unit has NVGs so driving at night with the blackout lights is needed. Most units I was in only had 5-10 sets per battalion. Now your light infantry or spec ops guys probably all have them. But those units also usually don't have it flipped and only have 5-10 vehicles per battalion. Anyway I hope this provides some insight.

markmars

Technicality the lights on your bumpers are black out markers. ;-) You have one black out light with the thing on the front with a hood over it. ( make sure no one has painted over the glass for the light)You can find them on eBay occasionally. As to far you see with them it depends on your night vision (no not NVG the night vision you have with your eyes) and the contrast between the road and the sides. Bottom line yes you can drive with them. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks