• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Black Rhino Wheels

JKDAY

I'm considering getting the Black Rhino Armory wheels. Several members have posted that they purchased the wheels with the -18mm offset. The wheel manufacturer shows a -18mm offset and a +6 offset available. Wouldn't the +6mm offset provide less of a tire projection outside of the wheel well, and be closer to the original military wheel offset? I've seen photos of the -18mm offset wheels, and it looks like with 37" x 12.5 tires mounted the tires project outside of the wheel well approximately 2"-3" +/-. If I understand the offset measurements correctly, wouldn't the +6 offset move the outside edge of the tire back towards the wheel well 6mm + 18mm = 24mm from the -18 offset? That's approximately 1" closer to being flush with wheel well. I just want to be sure I'm understanding the offset measurements correctly.

Dpas1973

I'm considering getting the Black Rhino Armory wheels. Several members have posted that they purchased the wheels with the -18mm offset. The wheel manufacturer shows a -18mm offset and a +6 offset available. Wouldn't the +6mm offset provide less of a tire projection outside of the wheel well, and be closer to the original military wheel offset? I've seen photos of the -18mm offset wheels, and it looks like with 37" x 12.5 tires mounted the tires project outside of the wheel well approximately 2"-3" +/-. If I understand the offset measurements correctly, wouldn't the +6 offset move the outside edge of the tire back towards the wheel well 6mm + 18mm = 24mm from the -18 offset? That's approximately 1" closer to being flush with wheel well. I just want to be sure I'm understanding the offset measurements correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKDAY

Thanks for the photo. About how far do the tires project out beyond the wheel wells? Have you had any issues with the wheels?

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine are -44 offset is not too bad, very close to stock, the wheels will stick out about 2"
Black Rhino Arsenal 20 X 12 with the -44 offset, Nitto's Ridge Grappler 38 X 13.5

Attachments

JKDAY

I ended up going with the Black Rhino Armory wheels with +6 offset and 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The wheel/tire combo fits well and doesn't project much beyond the wheel wells. There's a tremendous improvement in ride quality with this setup over the stock military tires and wheels.
IMG_0236.jpeg

Klaeq

I bought the entire set as a package online at CARID.com. Total cost delivered to my garage on a wood pallet was $2,500.00.
Same, but be advised. They "balance" the tires by filling them with beads. Since the HMMWV doesn't really "get up to speed" to break up the beads, you're gonna have issues. Take them to a shop and have it done right. Just my 2 cents.

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like I mentioned earlier, I run the 38 Nitto's, they could not balanced them at the store, they did put the beads in them, they are not filled, its a small bag about 16oz. I must say that at first, I was not certain, but after driving around I found that they are really nice, no bouncing or vibrations. my top speed is 70, but mostly 65 is my max,
I do like them better than the stick on or clip on weight since they don't fall off and they don't affect or damage the side of the rim.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks