• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

black smoke

jag7720

I watched a video someone posted here about there "cherry bombs" and I noticed that when he rev-ed the engine he would get a quick puff of black smoke.

Questions:

Is that normal?
Should it be happening?
Do you want that to happen in ANY circumstance or do you never want it to happen?

The reason I ask is because I NEVER get black smoke... rev-ing, full throttle take offs, up hill under heavy load... NEVER.

When I had my Mercedes I could go full throttle and get black smoke... or when I did an Italian tune-up I'd get black smoke until it was de-coked.

maritimer

jag tha twas my video and for most of these trucks if there set up right there should be jus ta puff of smoke at full throttle or under heavy load, i also have my mine set up to give it a touch more power via, turning up the IP screw and advancing the timing a hair which also gives a bit more black smoke. it may also be the free'er exhaust as the factory mufflers tend to trap some of that smoke before it goes out the tail pipes
when i turned up the ip screw it was only about 1/16th of a turn but will be turning it up a bit more once i get a pyrometer installed, i dotn mind the smoke as long as it is not so much that i will melt my pistons lol,

Last edited:

joeypushjr1

i just depends on the fuel and how open or restricted the exhaust is etc.. black smoke is not a problem .. if yours dont do it cool if it does not a problem at least in all my expericences....

joeypushjr1

hey maritimer.. ive seen that vid alwhil back it dont do your truck justice with sound.. does it really sound like you have coffee cans on there or does it really sound better than that... ive thought about it but seen that and now im hesitent.. i use magnaflow....and i have awsome sound with that ... and sorry JAG for robbing thread...

maritimer

it actully sounds alot better in person, especialy since i fixed the tail pipes the other day lol, the passenger side at the bend where it exits was squished almost closed and the driver side was rotted at the hangin clamp so i cut them both off at the bracket behind the bend out and replaced with 3" straight pipe out the back. it has a nice growl to it now lol
i belive this was the video you watched?

YouTube - M1009 duek cherry bombs

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks