• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blackout Lights

Militaryman71

I have a question for someone out there. I was looking at my Blackout lights in my bumper. I noticed that there are two thin wires which I could only guess that one is positive and one is negative. I thought that it was the normal waterproof military connecter? Has anyone seen this before?

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
CUCVs are supposed to have the GM weather pack connectors on the blackout lights. Many people on ebay incorrectly list the lights with the military Packard connectors as for a CUCV, they aren't but will work if you change one of the connectors.

gmcv2500

I know this thread is a bit old but it's the first one I found that specified the connections on the CUCV blackout lights. I bought a set of blackout lights to replace a set that I previous owner had painted over. That was some time ago and now that I got back to that project I noticed the replacement lights are Packard connections. I am currently undecided about cutting up the wires on the replacement lights or making a jumper wire that will connect the stock harness to the new light.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I replaced mine I cut the ends with no worries.
I used dielectric grease and shrink sleeve for protection

Never gave it a second thought.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks