• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

blackout switch question

bht50

I just bought a 1986 m1008 from a city auction. It had sat for 2 years and someone at some point took the blackout switches and headlight switch out from the dash. I put new batteries in it and it starts and runs great but no lights, turn signals, horn, windshield wipers or brake lights. The real problem I am having is they took all the wires from the switches and they are just hanging. I have all the switches but have no idea where the wires plug into the switches. Can anyone help me to figure out what wires go where. Also what position the blackout switches need to be in and what order they sit in the dash since there are two holes and two switches.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Can't stress this enough! Download the technical manual for the vehicle in the resource section of this website (look at the top). In the TM's you will find the wiring diagrams, operating instructions, and parts guides.

All the manuals start with TM 9-2320-289-
and end with -10, -20, -20P, -34, and -34P

The P is the parts manual. They are huges so I would not plan on printing them out.

That is what you need to start.

bht50

thanks, I downloaded it now we'll see if I can figure it out. does anybody have any pictures of the plugs with the wires still in them?