• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blairsville, GA Memorial Day Parade

Jimma

Blairsville will be hosting another Memorial Day Parade this year. Last year it was a great parade with many floats, trucks, bands, military groups and the town went all out. It was impressive. This year one of the organizers is a retired Army General and he asked if we possibly bring our deuces. They would love anyone interested to bring your duece's jeeps, mv's etc. I will post more details when I have them. If you can go or are interested please pm me so I can get a count.

Thanks

Jimma

Please PM me if you would like to go so I can get an approximate count to the retired General who is in charge.

Thanks

Jimma

Update, the Blairsville Memorial Day parade requires that vehicles be pre registered so that they know the details of the vehicle, the size for proper spacing in the parade and if the vehicle has a club or business sponsor. General Akin, US Army Retired, will be at the North Georgia MV get together on Saturday the 7th to provide registration forms to anyone who is interested. I will get an extra copy to fax or email to anyone who would like to enter. The parade should start around 10 AM. The vehicles and floats will be judged to pick parade winners around 9 AM. The only vehicle stipulation is that the vehicle has to have an American Flag visible somewhere on it. There is NO cost or fee. This should be a fun parade.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jimma,
Confirm that this is scheduled for the Saturday before Memorial Day?

I will see what I can do about getting Squirt there, hopefully we will meet on the 7th at the GTG in Blueridge.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately, I just found out that I will be out of town during the parade so I will have to back out Maybe next year.

Jimma

Sorry to hear that you will be gone Gary. We were looking forward to you and your awesome vehicles being in the parade. To anyone else that would like to participate I have registration forms that I could scan and email to you. There will be prizes for the best vehicles and floats in the parade.

Jimma

We had a few guys have to back out of going to the parade because of scheduling conflicts. If anyone wants to join us it will be a great parade. Trucks need to be ready by 9:00 AM in Blairsville for the judging. Every truck must have an American Flag on it somewhere. (no size limitations) Also, I was told for safety reasons no candy throwing. If you dont have a sponsor and get there early you will maybe get one. The First Baptist Church needs another deuce for thier group. I am representing the Rotary Club. There will also be a great car show put on by the Blairsville Cruisers at the square staring at 3 PM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks