• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blake's Deuce Mods

blakeke

Solar Panels

I put 100 watt flexible solar panels on the roof, and protected them with lexan sheets. They keep the batteries charged and balanced so that the truck starts more reliably and batteries live longer.5356.jpg5358.jpg

blakeke

2. lock out hubs. Jatonka I think.

5357.jpg

Much better handling and much easier driving. Better turning, better fuel economy, less tire wear. And I can hop out and put it in six wheel drive if I want to. Doesn't try to wail on my poor funnybone nearly as much.

Last edited:

blakeke

Outside shaded by trees, I can't remember if it was uv stabilized lexan, but it hasn't been a problem yet and it's been a year or two.

blakeke

Chains

And Kublos made me some chains, which are awesome, but I haven't used them much. Quite a lot of effort to take on and off, and this wasn't much of a winter, more muddy than icy. It went from basically undrivable on snow and ice to great on ice, although even louder and slower than it was already, especially on pavement. And top speed on dry pavement should be like 5 miles an hour or some nonsense.

Attachments

Last edited:

blakeke

Inverter

I'm not sure how good an idea this is but it seems to work, it is a readywelder/inverter nato plug adapter. I don't know how to weld so I haven't tried that part but the inverter runs my electric chainsaw. I don't know for how long because I don't want to beat up the batteries finding out. I could probably get a safe runtime by watching the individual battery voltages and seeing when they got close to being overdrained, but I haven't done that yet.
DSC_0149.JPG

Last edited:

blakeke

Synthetic winch line

Replaced the 200' of wire rope with the 100' of the best synthetic line I could find. Much less annoying to use, and it no longer has to spool perfectly so I can use it by myself. I think it still can wind poorly, so I have to keep an eye on it, but it rarely does. I got a lower quality extension to more than make up the difference in length, and store it in an airtight box out of the sun. With a couple chains and straps and a pulley or two I can drop pretty big trees more or less where I want them, and usually get the stump too. Be careful with this kind of thing though, trees are strong and do surprising things sometimes.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks