• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blasphemy - My modded M416 Off Road Trailer

dieselcruiserhead

nice air bag suspension like the independent to just wonder how strong it is with the way the axle part is extending guess you could add a triangular piece to brace the control arms if you find they are flexing.but i like it good job
It's actually a design thats in pretty wide use from a company called Adventure Trailers. I basically copied their design. It works pretty well and lasts a long time on average... Also the bearings (and everything for that matter) are totally overbuilt for load ranges way higher. These are 3500lb axles that are cut up and the air bags usually go to 100 or even more PSI and I'll probably be running them at maybe 20-30 psi I figure... They air up and down in just seconds :)

Nick

Ah, ok. Makes sense. It did give me the idea for my 101 though. But instead of going all the way across the trailer, I checked mine and I can stay the width of the wheel well on the one side and not loose any space down the center of of the trailer.

The only other problem I'll hafta work out is the pockets for the gates. If I cut the side wall out, the gates wont be ble to install properly. Gotta think more about it.

What other kinda tricks ya got in mind for it?

Nick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks