• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blazer question

stampy

Hey do any of you have an extra window handle for the tailgate? The assembly is there I am just missing the handle to roll up the glass. If you do would you give it to me, trade it for something, or sell it to me?:-D

You can get the chrome ones off eBay or order them through NAPA, other parts stores probably, or LMC. I've seen a very few factory black ones on eBay. They tend to get bid up more than I'd be willing to pay.

I personally consider it a security feature that my rear window can't be easily lowered. I think the black ones are a crank only, and therefore there's no lock on them, but I could be wrong.

I've found the street key used for turning on/off water service at the meter works well for getting the rear window up and down.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've found the street key used for turning on/off water service at the meter works well for getting the rear window up and down.
Could you post a picture of this?

ABN173

I personally consider it a security feature that my rear window can't be easily lowered. I think the black ones are a crank only, and therefore there's no lock on them, but I could be wrong.
I am fairly sure the stock black ones have locks, mine does and the ones I remember when I was a private back in Desert Storm also had locks.

Dale

I was mistaken about the lock on the black ones, apparently.

Of course you could always just get the chrome, scuff it up and paint it black/green/tan/whatever.

Pictures! First one shows the business end of my street key, the second is the window crank stub, third is the two together. I used to just use my fingers, but that became much harder after I installed a new seal.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haha, I have one of those keys, also!:roll: