• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blazer - radiator overflow tank - needed

Barrman

You might find one that hasn't been exposed to engine heat for the past 30 years and isn't ready to crack as soon as you look at it wrong. Chances are low however. If you want to stay all original, then you may go through a few until you find one that holds coolant. JBWeld does fix the smaller cracks I have learned.

I just got tired of messing with the brittle things and installed the $9.00 generic Dorman over flow tank O'Reilly's sells.

Bighorn

It is podunk but...
On my 1976 K5 I just bungee corded a prestone container into the corner of the wheel well behind the headlight.
then I drilled a hole in the cap and stuck the radiator overflow into it.
As long as the hose sticks below the top of the coolant mix in the prestone container the vacuum created as the engine cools and radiator cap poppet opens, it will draw coolant back into the system it expelled while it was hot.
Might get you by for a while.

DREDnot

I just ordered a direct replacement. Dorman p/n 603-101
Off ebay for 20 dollars shipped

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks