• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bleeder screw, Deuce air pack

sgtrisk

Hi folks! Merry Christmas!!

By any chance, have any of you ever replaced the actual bleeder screw on an M35A1 hydraulic air pack? Know where I might find an exact replacement??

The silly TM doesn't show that bleeder as a replaceable part, although the bleeder for the wheel cylinder IS replaceable. By replaceable, I mean obtainable, of course. I actually purchased three new bleeder screws for the wheel cylinders, but they are almost twice as long as the one on the air pack. They fit, but... well, you know.

I'll wager that most of the replies will be "just use the ones I have," but I would like to use something more "fitting." (Sorry about the pun!!)

Thanks!!!

ATPTac

You might be able to call one of the surplus dealers and see if they have anything. They might tell you to just use any bleeder valve with the same thread pitch, but its worth a shot.

sgtrisk

The one I have is serviceable. I just figured that while I was rebuilding the unit and going to so much trouble that I'd replace the valve. You know how easily they strip the nut when removing them after they've been tight for a while! I haven't been to a "real" parts place yet. Advance Auto didn't have one. And I haven't really done a search on Ebay yet, since I don't have a part number for the shorter unit. So... thanks for all the replies!! I'll see what I can find at Napa or something... or perhaps Gimpy has something... I keep getting stuck on his posts as I'm scrolling through the threads. Something about his holiday spirits on his avatar...
;-)