• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bleeding injector lines

3dubs

I know this will open a can worms. But I rebuilt my IP and put it back on by myself. Last time I pulled the glow plugs to relieve the pressure and prevent starting. Then I cranked the engine while someone else tighten the lines down as the engine turn to make sure there was no air. But this time I only had me and can only use one hand. So I tightened the lines down to the injectors and turned the engine over and it started. I then loosened each line to bleed it and re-tightened them.

That made me wonder. The engine was running. It was rough at first but it ran fine before I bleed the lines. Does the air go out the fuel return. Is it really necessary to bleed the injector lines or is just to make sure?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks