• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

blew up my 6.2l in the 1028

monkster

After extinsive surches. I have figured out that 6.5 n/a will work, i think that the trans and tanfer or specfice to that eng. If i use the kiss aproch I shuuld go back with the 6.2, but non or listed in the classified. I have lost some referances when I got a new CPU, any opinions.

SGT LongT

6.2 to 6.5 swaps have been covered and you can use the same transmission/transfer setup. Just swap the accessories from the donor (bad) motor and bolt on to the new 6.5. Enjoy more ponies :beer:

chevyCUCV

Wheres the details on the engine blowing, what happened?And of course carnage pics are always nice.

And the 6.2/6.5 are the same block/engine, except for the bolt-ons depending on year

idM1028

nopics

Oh, and if you think your truck's loud going down the road, try listening to it on fast idle with the hood up! After some basic maintenance the other day, I proceeded to fire the truck up. No s***, the thing shook for a good minute (I could literally feel the truck rocking from side to side while sitting in it) Between the shaking and the fast idle, I thought it was going to shoot a piston through a cylinder head. Luckily once it came off fast idle, it settled into a nice low rumble.

monkster

It did not blow in the literal sence, it knock loudly and lock up. (The kity knocker stop):shock: I,m having probs finding good used eng., almost as it would beto get another truck. Jasper rebuilds or at $5300 and I have found a few take outs for $3500.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gee, I have six 6.2s in cans at my house.............I wonder if the owners would mind me giving you a couple.

;-)

chevyCUCV

Stay away from jasper, have only heard bad things about their 6.5's
Couple months ago there was a guy on cl in Indiana with a bunch of NOS 6.2 engines, They were going for 250 i think.

Keep searching and good deals will turn up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks