• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

blinker problem m818

awdrifter

so when I bought the m818 a few bulbs where blown the nice man on the base handed me a handfull of 24v bulbs and said fix it yourself. no prob I was happy to have bulbs. so the blinkers worked for the first 40 miles of my trip then mysteriously stopped I think it has to be a blown fuse or flasher where should I look first?

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had a problem that acted similar to yours. We finally found a wire pinched under one front fender where there is a guard over the wires to the lights there. Evidently when someone put it back on, they pinched the wire, shorting it out. It blew a flasher for us. We also have had a problem turn signal switch cause a similar problem. You can take them apart and check/clean the contacts in them.
I think there are no fuses in the circuit, just circuit breakers.

Regards Marti

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would pull the cannon plug off the back of the directional switch, make sure the pins are clean and the wires going into the plug are intact. And do the same with the flasher box, located under the hood. If that doesn't help, see if you can borrow one off another truck and swap flashers and directional switches to see which is bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks