• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BlizzardX23's Custom Cargo Cage

BlizzardX23

Well..I never got bows or cargo cover when I purchased the truck...and recently, I've been trying to come up with a design that will have more than just one function (like the standard cargo kit)...so here is the start of my new build!

The black line is just a representation...to give me an idea of interior space. I'm going for somewhat of a "SOFT M109A3" style idea...with the possibility of throwing up solid panels for when myself and our film crew goes out on location to shoot...gear in the back can be secured, dry, warm...a place to rest...since we will be out at night in locations like the woods and whatnot..

Last pic is what it would look like with hard panels installed

Attachments

Last edited:

BlizzardX23

Since you are building it from scratch you might consider making it less wind resistant (I know it's going on a vehicle with the aerodynamics of a cement block but every little bit helps).
Valid point!

What are you suggestions? Like the big rig "sleep wings"? to deflect the air from hitting the box?

srodocker

maybe make a cab rack. to help deflect some wind. like the big rigs but make it useful to store some tow straps or something not always used

going to do that myself whenever i get around to buying the materials

BlizzardX23

I want this thing to be a lego truck...completely plug and play style...Im sure the wind deflector could be quick connected as well

Maybe I'm going to have to purchase a large vinyl tent section...and make it work? =/

Last edited:

Loco_Hosa

Instead of modifying the cab, you could also use two 45 degree angles in the front of your cargo cover to get some aerodynamics. Seems like it would look more "Correct" as a DEUCE, and would still be as functional, without loosing much interior space.

Either way, Im subscribed.

cbvet

One of my trucks has the steel "riot" box on it.
If I were building it from scratch, or had the ambition to modify mine, I would add an insulated bed over the cab, like most class C motorhomes.
This would free up a lot of floorspace.

BlizzardX23

a door on what?

I wanna build the cage for the "soft 109" feature after I find a cargo cover that will fit...but also be able to remove that and throw the hard walls on.
This is what I have in mind for the hard walls....I don't have a crane...or a place to store a shelter...so that's why I'm thinking of doing this in such a way that I can remove each wall separate...and store them flat against the wall in the garage

Attachments

Last edited:

Danger Ranger

Subscribed, definately do something aerodynamic up front, like a camper bed area up top, that quick attaches to the sides, then it could come off too...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks