• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Block data??

bob69302

Hi guys,
Thank you all again for being so helpful. I have another question regarding my engine block. Long story short, I found paperwork under the passenger side seat showing that the engine was replaced ($10,500 dollars of our hard earned tax dollars. The truck had 9621 miles on it before replacement. I bought it with 9624 miles on it. Yes 3 miles then sent to auction. Makes me happy and sick at the same time.) Back to my question. On the driver side of the block is 14022660 which I believe means it's a 6.2 produced from 1982-1991. Is this correct and is this a good block or one of the ones prone to cracking? Second question, on the passager side of the block is M201. I thought the letter correlated with the month, but my calendar is missing the 13th month (M)! And I assume the rest means the 20th day and 1991.
Thanks again!
Phil

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the rear of the block at the tach drive emboss, take a pic and post...6.2 was also embossed on the block near the front right head.
6.2 and 6.5 was not prone to cracking...it was the 6.5 turbo from GM, fixed by GEP after bought the plant.
now, 6.2 and 6.5's have there own issues...as all engines do, for more info, go to diesel forums specific to those motors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks